Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XDA insults newbies yet can't even design search system probably.

Tip us?

kuromusha38
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius View Post
Most people just find their device forum, bookmark it, and come back to it, right? If there are hundreds of other devices, and you don't own any of them, you shouldn't be visiting them, no?
? Read my first post. I don't care about other forum. I'm talking about the search function, which contains all the other forums which I do not care about.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Android version: 4.4.2
Rom: Omega V27
Bootloader: ND3
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

the_scotsman
Old
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 8937
Location: NSW, Australia Likes: Anything alcoholic or caffeinated

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38 View Post
? Read my first post. I don't care about other forum. I'm talking about the search function, which contains all the other forums which I do not care about.
And I've already told you how to search WITHIN an individual device forum, without having to scroll through the list.

philos64
Old
(Last edited by philos64; 2nd July 2014 at 08:49 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2639
Location: Somewhere between sky and sea in Brittany - XDA Assist Place

DONATE TO ME
I use "search all forums" everyday since I'm RC and more since I joined XDA Assist team.
I cannot know all forums for giving the good directions has request.
Therefore I use "Type to find your device" when the device is named or "Search all forums" when the request is for a generic device or app.
I use both search functions without problem, and I'm on Chrome and FF

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
Click and go to XDA-Assist
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Actual Devices : HTC One M8 - HTC One M7 //Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE
Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

NapalmDawn
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38 View Post
You're still pretty bad at the interwebs. In case you can't tell, that's not actually XDA's search function but rather the one built into the BB code. That search area you put in your screenshot is the same across thousands upon thousands of forum sites that use the same code (think the search function built into windows being the same across millions of PCs).

On the OTHER hand, the actual search functions that XDA has coded are the ones right up there in the upper right of this screen that say search all forums and type to find your device. Both of those are mind numbingly easy to use.
------

My devices
Phone-G3-Wicked ROM
HP Touchpad-Schizoid
High use tab-Transformer 700-CROMI-X XBMC tab-Transformer 300-Cromi-X
Nexus 7-Purity ROM Galaxy Tab 3 7-Crash ROM
Gaming devices-NVIDIA Shield / Tegra Note
Blue Stacks for Windows Retired-HTC Flyer, Droid Eris, HTC Tbolt, HTC Rezound, Lenovo K1, Transformer 101, Transformer Prime, Nook Color, Dell Streak 7
The Following User Says Thank You to NapalmDawn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]