Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked and stuck between HBoot 2.15, no S-Off and no SuperCID

Tip us?
 
Maeffjus
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nürburgring
Thank you so so so much! It finally boots up with the older backup (of the two suitable)!
You are great!
Device History:Siemens C35i / Siemens S35i / Siemens M45 / Siemens M55 / T-Mobile SDA / Qtek 8310 / O2 XDA-NEO / HTC P4350 / HTC Tytn II / HTC HD2 / HTC Sensation/ HTC One LTE
Android Revolution HD 67
 
808phone
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 439
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeffjus View Post
Thank you so so so much! It finally boots up with the older backup (of the two suitable)!
You are great!
WOW! Great! Now you can use the phone on the trip!
 
Maeffjus
Old
(Last edited by Maeffjus; 25th June 2014 at 12:12 AM.)
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nürburgring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
WOW! Great! Now you can use the phone on the trip!
Lets see if my GF likes to configure it on the way to the airport

But right now I'm doing what I had forgotten last time - I goind to make it S-OFF with moonshine - for the superCID I'll see afterwards - after all of this is done, I might flash a new rom

UPDATE - does it always take such long? Look at the attachement - I'm not sure if there is everything okay. But I don't want to unplug the phone from USB - I'm scared to brick it (again).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2815881  
Device History:Siemens C35i / Siemens S35i / Siemens M45 / Siemens M55 / T-Mobile SDA / Qtek 8310 / O2 XDA-NEO / HTC P4350 / HTC Tytn II / HTC HD2 / HTC Sensation/ HTC One LTE
Android Revolution HD 67
 
Maeffjus
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nürburgring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeffjus View Post
Lets see if my GF likes to configure it on the way to the airport

But right now I'm doing what I had forgotten last time - I goind to make it S-OFF with moonshine - for the superCID I'll see afterwards - after all of this is done, I might flash a new rom

UPDATE - does it always take such long? Look at the attachement - I'm not sure if there is everything okay. But I don't want to unplug the phone from USB - I'm scared to brick it (again).
Okay, I unplugged it - did not work - I'm already here with the "older version" (2.38.111.10) - The OTA does not work, I tried it with TWRP, did not work.
Then I restored the stock recovery and also locked it - did also not work, I always get the triangle with the exclamation mark. (The device says relocked and tampered).
So the very last thing I tried was to copy it back from the SD to my pc and used "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and "fastboot install zip" - it now says:

FAILED (remote: 44 hboot version check fail)

And very last thing - I can't make it CID 11111111 or S-OFF, so - how to go on?
But no rush, tomorrow I'm away for some days
Regards & Thanks!
Device History:Siemens C35i / Siemens S35i / Siemens M45 / Siemens M55 / T-Mobile SDA / Qtek 8310 / O2 XDA-NEO / HTC P4350 / HTC Tytn II / HTC HD2 / HTC Sensation/ HTC One LTE
Android Revolution HD 67
 
808phone
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 439
Join Date: Jan 2014
oh no.
If you can get to the boot loader and fastboot USB. I guess you should try and run an RUU (newer) for your phone. You need to get it back to some type of stock condition.
 
Maeffjus
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nürburgring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
oh no.
If you can get to the boot loader and fastboot USB. I guess you should try and run an RUU (newer) for your phone. You need to get it back to some type of stock condition.
I tried it - but the problem is, the only RUU I got / found is RUU_Ville_U_TMO_DE_1.77.111.5_Radio_0.16.31501S.17 _2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_259421_signed

The next available version is an OTA upgrade which I can not install anyway - so any suggestions? I can lock and unlock it and I got it "tampered" and with HBoot 2.15...
Device History:Siemens C35i / Siemens S35i / Siemens M45 / Siemens M55 / T-Mobile SDA / Qtek 8310 / O2 XDA-NEO / HTC P4350 / HTC Tytn II / HTC HD2 / HTC Sensation/ HTC One LTE
Android Revolution HD 67
 
808phone
Old
(Last edited by 808phone; 3rd July 2014 at 01:43 AM.)
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 439
Join Date: Jan 2014
So what exactly is the phone doing now? Is it stuck in a boot loop?
Did you try and restore with TRWP? What if you do a wipe (Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)) in TWRP, and try to restore from TWRP NANDROID?
Device: HTC One S
ROM: CandyKat - Best so far!
Kernel: Pure CandyKat
 
Maeffjus
Old
(Last edited by Maeffjus; 3rd July 2014 at 02:54 PM.)
#18  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nürburgring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
So what exactly is the phone doing now? Is it stuck in a boot loop?
Did you try and restore with TRWP? What if you do a wipe (Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)) in TWRP, and try to restore from TWRP NANDROID?
It boots up flawlessly - but only in the older backup (from the link you gave me - its ver.2.38.111.10).
With the newer version it stucks in bootloop.
And after I installed this, I'm not able to: flash any other rom on top of it or perform the OTA update (when it starts, it notifies me that the OTA is available for download and I can download it also).
(Yes, I installed stock recovery to use the OTA).
Device History:Siemens C35i / Siemens S35i / Siemens M45 / Siemens M55 / T-Mobile SDA / Qtek 8310 / O2 XDA-NEO / HTC P4350 / HTC Tytn II / HTC HD2 / HTC Sensation/ HTC One LTE
Android Revolution HD 67
 
808phone
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 439
Join Date: Jan 2014
So you are running fine with the older ROM? Why not leave it? If you really want to try something different, here's a plan.
In the thread I sent you:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2192964&page=2

These guys all have your same phone/ROM. PM them and ask them if they have found a newer RUU to run that is compatible with an S-OFF method. Or ask any of them if they have gotten S-OFF with their devices. If not, then just stay on the current ROM. If someone has gotten S-OFF, then you can decide to pursue that course. Good luck!
Device: HTC One S
ROM: CandyKat - Best so far!
Kernel: Pure CandyKat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes