Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Quick Charge 2.0

Tip us?

coisman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Help! Quick Charge 2.0

I hope someone can help me out with this. I was made aware back in March that the HTC One M8 supported something called 'Quick Charge 2.0'. According to Qualcomm, all smartphones with Snapdragon 800 and 801 processors (to include phones like the Xperia Z2, GS5 and HTC One M8) supported Quick Charge 2.0 by default.

I bought the only official Quick Charge 2.0 charger available which is the NTT Docomo AC Adapter 05, imported from Japan. I just received it in the mail today and am testing it out on my phone, and it is not charging at Qualcomm's advertised Quick Charge 2.0 speeds, only at the regular speed. I don't know what to do to fix this. Can anyone help me out?

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by coisman View Post
I hope someone can help me out with this. I was made aware back in March that the HTC One M8 supported something called 'Quick Charge 2.0'. According to Qualcomm, all smartphones with Snapdragon 800 and 801 processors (to include phones like the Xperia Z2, GS5 and HTC One M8) supported Quick Charge 2.0 by default.

I bought the only official Quick Charge 2.0 charger available which is the NTT Docomo AC Adapter 05, imported from Japan. I just received it in the mail today and am testing it out on my phone, and it is not charging at Qualcomm's advertised Quick Charge 2.0 speeds, only at the regular speed. I don't know what to do to fix this. Can anyone help me out?
If your phone is completely stock, then it might require a kernel update (from HTC) to support QC2. It's also possible that, for some reason, the specific charger you got won't work with this phone. No one here is going to be able to help much for a charging standard that doesn't exist in the region yet.

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.

coisman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Received confirmation from HTC that QC 2.0 has been disabled on the US handsets. An OTA update is supposed to be released to support it, someday. For now I'm gonna try a kernel that supports fast charging to see if that works. According to qualcomm all 2.0 spec chargers should work with all 2.0 spec phones, there's shouldn't be any chargers that work with some phones and not with others. So we'll see.

coisman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
It seems I was premature. After some more testing it appears that quick charge IS working and the problem was the battery stats not being reported correctly. Phone just charged from 24% to 46% in about 10 minutes! That's a vast improvement over the Quick Charge 1.0 speed. Gonna charge/discharge a few more times in order to get some correct readings.

zen kun
Old
Thanks Meter 326

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coisman View Post

can you tell me please where i can get this please?? where i can buy thanks
Check Out this apps
Car Dashdroid, A car dashboard rate if you like
SMS enhancer, check out the XDA thread

fix google security flag with my app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...creenprotector
Best Car dashboard app on play store
Car Dashdroid

Nexus 4
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Pro
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Atrix 4g
NeXuS OnE (Retired)
My First Android:Nexus One: 05/06/2010

coisman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kun View Post
can you tell me please where i can get this please?? where i can buy thanks
I bought it at this link: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/n...item/10000022/

Through http://us.hoyoyo.com (hoyoyo will buy it for you and ship it to you, the rakuten store does not ship international)

overall it cost $53.
The Following User Says Thank You to coisman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]