Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy with Root? Share your stories....

OP quordandis

4th July 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #41  
Flag Black Mesa :P
Thanks Meter: 63

173 posts
More
Well in my case, I myself have changed everything, I have removed the knox, debloated, I made ​​the tweaks, etc.. and in the end I removed the root. I do the wipes and factory reset and ready, is perfect no trash.

if I want to make something in the future, back to rooting.

I think the phone works the same with or without root, but it is preferable to avoid problems without root.

Actually once you have made ​​the settings do not need to root, it is assumed that we had to have root to eliminate waste at & t.

unhappy with root? clear!, we can not unlock the bootloader, we are not satisfied by the root. LOL

By the way how many signatures are on the petition of at & t to unlock the bootloader of course.
4th July 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 293

771 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2k7

Well in my case, I myself have changed everything, I have removed the knox, debloated, I made ​​the tweaks, etc.. and in the end I removed the root. I do the wipes and factory reset and ready, is perfect no trash.

if I want to make something in the future, back to rooting.

I think the phone works the same with or without root, but it is preferable to avoid problems without root.

Actually once you have made ​​the settings do not need to root, it is assumed that we had to have root to eliminate waste at & t.

unhappy with root? clear!, we can not unlock the bootloader, we are not satisfied by the root. LOL

By the way how many signatures are on the petition of at & t to unlock the bootloader of course.

Unfortunately, no one seems to care anymore about that petition now that there is root, even though we still have a locked bootloader.

Personally, I prefer stock unrooted, where everything works; over rooted and then something is broke. Unfortunately, everything doesn't work on stock unrooted (the download booster and the sdcard write permissions). If it was not for the KitKat sdcard write permissions, then i probably would not be rooted either. Other than that, the phone works very well without root. I can live without the download booster.
Last edited by shortydoggg; 4th July 2014 at 02:20 AM.
4th July 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #43  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,095

2,803 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg

Unfortunately, no one seems to care anymore about that petition now that there is root, even though we still have a locked bootloader.

Personally, I prefer stock unrooted, where everything works; over rooted and then something is broke. Unfortunately, everything doesn't work on stock unrooted (the download booster and the sdcard write permissions). If it was not for the KitKat sdcard write permissions, then i probably would not be rooted either. Other than that, the phone works very well without root. I can live without the download booster.

Maybe people finally realized that the petition was going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Which it won't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, galaxy s5, unroot
Previous Thread Next Thread