Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unhappy with Root? Share your stories....

Tip us?

jm2k7
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Well in my case, I myself have changed everything, I have removed the knox, debloated, I made ​​the tweaks, etc.. and in the end I removed the root. I do the wipes and factory reset and ready, is perfect no trash.

if I want to make something in the future, back to rooting.

I think the phone works the same with or without root, but it is preferable to avoid problems without root.

Actually once you have made ​​the settings do not need to root, it is assumed that we had to have root to eliminate waste at & t.

unhappy with root? clear!, we can not unlock the bootloader, we are not satisfied by the root. LOL

By the way how many signatures are on the petition of at & t to unlock the bootloader of course.
Phones: Charm "sold" / Defy "sold" / Atrix 2 AT&T Stock "Rooted" / Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Stock "Rooted" / Nexus 7 (2013)

shortydoggg
Old
(Last edited by shortydoggg; 4th July 2014 at 01:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2k7 View Post
Well in my case, I myself have changed everything, I have removed the knox, debloated, I made ​​the tweaks, etc.. and in the end I removed the root. I do the wipes and factory reset and ready, is perfect no trash.

if I want to make something in the future, back to rooting.

I think the phone works the same with or without root, but it is preferable to avoid problems without root.

Actually once you have made ​​the settings do not need to root, it is assumed that we had to have root to eliminate waste at & t.

unhappy with root? clear!, we can not unlock the bootloader, we are not satisfied by the root. LOL

By the way how many signatures are on the petition of at & t to unlock the bootloader of course.
Unfortunately, no one seems to care anymore about that petition now that there is root, even though we still have a locked bootloader.

Personally, I prefer stock unrooted, where everything works; over rooted and then something is broke. Unfortunately, everything doesn't work on stock unrooted (the download booster and the sdcard write permissions). If it was not for the KitKat sdcard write permissions, then i probably would not be rooted either. Other than that, the phone works very well without root. I can live without the download booster.

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg View Post
Unfortunately, no one seems to care anymore about that petition now that there is root, even though we still have a locked bootloader.

Personally, I prefer stock unrooted, where everything works; over rooted and then something is broke. Unfortunately, everything doesn't work on stock unrooted (the download booster and the sdcard write permissions). If it was not for the KitKat sdcard write permissions, then i probably would not be rooted either. Other than that, the phone works very well without root. I can live without the download booster.
Maybe people finally realized that the petition was going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Which it won't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tags
at&t, galaxy s5, unroot