Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Faulty Battery, or Hard Bricked?

Tip us?

ckid199
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Faulty Battery, or Hard Bricked?

Hello everyone. I have a problem and I need some of that friendly XDA assistance.
I have been using the AT&T LGOG for about a year now, and have it rooted, unlocked, and flashed CyanogenMod.
I left my phone to charge, plugged into the outlet. When I unplugged it, the screen failed to turn on, remaining black, but the soft keys lit up. I pressed the power button, but no response. Then the soft keys back light went out. The phone, I guess, just shut off. So, I tried turning it on. Instead of the usual Google bootloader logo, the screen remains black. I hold the power button, and nothing happens.

So I plugged it in, and tried turning it on again. The red notification light on the power button illuminates solidly for a couple seconds, then steadily flashes. I have encountered this before, so I know I have no battery and leave it to charge. After an overnight charge, however, I try turning it on again, but am greeted by the same red flashes.

I've tried charging it with different chargers, cables, plugging it into the computer, using different usb computer ports, all with no change in results. When plugged into my computer, it shows up as unknown device, but when i try turning it on, as the notification light flashes, it changes from unknown device to hid compliant device in device manager, but back to unknown device if i let go. I have tried putting it in download mode, but the screen does not show a trace of life. LGNPST fails to detect the device.

I have searched and found in other threads similar occurences. I suspect the battery is at fault here. But before I do a battery pull, I want to make sure I have tried everything else. I cannot RMA it as it is out of warranty, has a large crack on the back, and has a custom rom.
Assistance is requested and appreciated!

(Sorry for the long text post!)
The Following User Says Thank You to ckid199 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckid199
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckid199 View Post
Hello everyone. I have a problem and I need some of that friendly XDA assistance.
I have been using the AT&T LGOG for about a year now, and have it rooted, unlocked, and flashed CyanogenMod.
I left my phone to charge, plugged into the outlet. When I unplugged it, the screen failed to turn on, remaining black, but the soft keys lit up. I pressed the power button, but no response. Then the soft keys back light went out. The phone, I guess, just shut off. So, I tried turning it on. Instead of the usual Google bootloader logo, the screen remains black. I hold the power button, and nothing happens.

So I plugged it in, and tried turning it on again. The red notification light on the power button illuminates solidly for a couple seconds, then steadily flashes. I have encountered this before, so I know I have no battery and leave it to charge. After an overnight charge, however, I try turning it on again, but am greeted by the same red flashes.

I've tried charging it with different chargers, cables, plugging it into the computer, using different usb computer ports, all with no change in results. When plugged into my computer, it shows up as unknown device, but when i try turning it on, as the notification light flashes, it changes from unknown device to hid compliant device in device manager, but back to unknown device if i let go. I have tried putting it in download mode, but the screen does not show a trace of life. LGNPST fails to detect the device.

I have searched and found in other threads similar occurences. I suspect the battery is at fault here. But before I do a battery pull, I want to make sure I have tried everything else. I cannot RMA it as it is out of warranty, has a large crack on the back, and has a custom rom.

*bump*! Please help me!
The Following User Says Thank You to ckid199 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Steve_O_1971
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Same problem, basically. no lights, black screen, yesterdays cm11 nightly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_O_1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gabxter101
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

The problem is it had a kernel crash, what you need to do is get a torx screw driver, i recommend buying it at sears they have a small screw driver with changeable screws for like 3$ they come in different colors, open the phone & then you will see the battery they have some screws in it as well, screw them off & un-plug the battery gently as the cable is pretty fragile, then plug it right back in; the phone will turn on

hope it helps

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_O_1971 View Post
Same problem, basically. no lights, black screen, yesterdays cm11 nightly.
same thing? then just do what i told on my early post & your phone will work.

stuck75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have this same problem also i unplug the battery and did all that it still wont turn on idk what to do??