Originally Posted by lanwarrior
I the kickstand4u add about 0.4 cm to the thickness of the phone, IF you are using the regular back cover. I don't have another camera, so I don't have a picture to show it. If you use a wireless cover, it will add even more, so much so that my iOttie car dock no longer fit.
Additionally, the wireless charging no longer work since I believe the distance is now too far between the back cover and the charging coil. This is at least with my Tylt wireless charger.
I put mine slightly below the center, so closer to the bottom of the phone. This is because the S-Pen is actually sticking out a little bit, causing uneven plane when the phone is at an angle.
All in all, I prefer the kickstand since it allows me to put the phone an angle WITHOUT a). a bulky case and b). a docking station. I can live without the wireless charging, so now I just use the normal back cover. Oh, with the normal back cover and the kickstand4u, the phone still fit with my iOttie car holder.
Hope this helps!
I'm giving up on my dream of a device with a bumper and a kickstand.
Its simply because the kickstand on its own won't ever be as sturdy as one on a case can be.
Also because the bumpers that I own (five different types) they're either not a good fit, not protective enough (non-shock-absorbing, or exposed corner wtf), or are very thick.
Basically for me, the simple solution is better.
Use a case that's not too bulky and has a kickstand that's decent enough.
I've found these two but have NOT bought OR TRIED them. Anyone tried these cases? What are your thoughts? Any good? Overpriced?
Out of the cases I do have tried, there's these ones:
3) I've got this one too, its atrocious, 4/10:
4) There's also this one. Not too good again, I'd rate it 4/10:
5) But I also have this (on OG NOTE, NOTE 2, NOTE 3). Good, but room for improvement, rating 6/10:
6) The current solution I use is this, its very good, rating 8/10:
See my thoughts on it here:
7) Currently buying this, we'll see how good it is. Is it better than the daily-driver, Matte Black chubby case (??):
Thanks for taking the time to read : )
1) Nokia 5110 > 3315 > T610
2) LG U8360 + iPaq 2215 > O2 XDA II > iPaq rw6815 > Mitach Mio a702
3) N95 > HTC TyTN II > HTC TouchPro > iPhone 3G
4) DEXT > N900 > SGS > DZ + PlayBook
5) NOTE > NOTE 3
HTC Desire Z + GameGripper
Android 2.3.7 + MIUI DarkTheme + ItchyThumb
Samsung NOTE 3, 4G, Black
vMOD, Apex, Kii, SwitchR
Matte Kickstand case, Glass Protector, Datel TurboFire2, Belkin Miracast
40GB's of Apps, PSX, N64, GBA, SNES, Sega Games