Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Since 4.4.2 Random Reboots

Tip us?
 
substitutesam
Old
(Last edited by substitutesam; 6th May 2014 at 04:56 PM.) Reason: forgot to add "Phone overheating" as a conern.
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheart1 View Post
It's a fairly common occurrence for people on custom builds. I've noticed it when trying to do too many things at once.

There also apparently appears to be a link between SwiftKey and this problem from what I've read, or maybe that's an entirely different problem.

Mine have stopped after I disabled Google Services Sound Search.
I just rooted my phone about a week ago, I'm still on the 4.4.2 KK ROM and have Swiftkey and Google Services enabled. I also am using the Complete Keyguard Disabler.

A few things I've noticed are:

1)Random reboots/Phone overheating
2)Sluggish/unresponsive phone performance coming out of 'sleep' using double tap
3)Speaker/headphone Viper4 mod not working properly

Is a factory reset something I should consider if I didn't root the device until after the 4.4.2 update or is there something else causing these issues? I'm sure there is some user error in #3 as I'm going through the learning curve, but the most concerning is by far the #1 and 2, as I rooted it for the main purpose of increasing performance speed.

Any insights?
 
hardheart1
Old
#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by substitutesam View Post
I just rooted my phone about a week ago, I'm still on the 4.4.2 KK ROM and have Swiftkey and Google Services enabled. I also am using the Complete Keyguard Disabler.

A few things I've noticed are:

1)Random reboots/Phone overheating
2)Sluggish/unresponsive phone performance coming out of 'sleep' using double tap
3)Speaker/headphone Viper4 mod not working properly

Is a factory reset something I should consider if I didn't root the device until after the 4.4.2 update or is there something else causing these issues? I'm sure there is some user error in #3 as I'm going through the learning curve, but the most concerning is by far the #1 and 2, as I rooted it for the main purpose of increasing performance speed.

Any insights?
I haven't looked at any logs or anything on a remotely technical level. I noticed the google sound search was eating battery so I disabled it. Reboots are gone.
 
Vexorg
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by substitutesam View Post
I just rooted my phone about a week ago, I'm still on the 4.4.2 KK ROM and have Swiftkey and Google Services enabled. I also am using the Complete Keyguard Disabler.

A few things I've noticed are:

1)Random reboots/Phone overheating
2)Sluggish/unresponsive phone performance coming out of 'sleep' using double tap
3)Speaker/headphone Viper4 mod not working properly

Is a factory reset something I should consider if I didn't root the device until after the 4.4.2 update or is there something else causing these issues? I'm sure there is some user error in #3 as I'm going through the learning curve, but the most concerning is by far the #1 and 2, as I rooted it for the main purpose of increasing performance speed.

Any insights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheart1 View Post
I haven't looked at any logs or anything on a remotely technical level. I noticed the google sound search was eating battery so I disabled it. Reboots are gone.
First and foremost, I was not rooted or using anything customer. I never tried rooting this phone because I figured there would be updates in the near future (I was optimistic).

I am also receiving:
  • Random Reboots
  • Overheating
  • Random Apps Crash frequently (Kindle, Search, Home, etc)

I am also using swiftkey.
 
hardheart1
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
First and foremost, I was not rooted or using anything customer. I never tried rooting this phone because I figured there would be updates in the near future (I was optimistic).

I am also receiving:
  • Random Reboots
  • Overheating
  • Random Apps Crash frequently (Kindle, Search, Home, etc)

I am also using swiftkey.
I believe there are known issues with the G2 and Swiftkey on stock roms (rooted, custom, or otherwise).

What language are you using on Swiftkey. I'm on Swiftkey and Carbon and I'm not having any problems.
 
Vexorg
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2010
Using English (US)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
substitutesam
Old
#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
Using English (US)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I'm also on Swiftkey and am experiencing very similar issues, using English as well.

On a side note, I also work in a building that has no cell service and continuously cycles through wifi connections because the 3 networks I have entered vary greatly in strength based on a 10 ft radius of where I walk.. could this be a cause as well and is there a way to stop it from happening?

I've tried removing all of the connections except 1 wifi signal but then I'm really only connected when I'm at my desk and if I standup to walk somewhere it's disconnected...

#1stWorldProblems
 
Vexorg
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2010
These issues are still persisting... anyone think taking it to Verizon would do anything?

My phone is completely stock. I am wondering if I should just flash a new ROM or something.
 
substitutesam
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
These issues are still persisting... anyone think taking it to Verizon would do anything?

My phone is completely stock. I am wondering if I should just flash a new ROM or something.
I second this, still having random reboots and running completely stock. I'm getting close to just removing Swiftkey all together?
 
Vexorg
Old
#19  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2010
I stopped using swiftkey and I'm still getting random reboots

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more