Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help!!!.....BMM partitions

Tip us?

cdxmantilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help!!!.....BMM partitions

Hello again xD, i have a question,
żi need make system,data and cache partitions after installing any rom? Plz help me

1BadWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdxmantilla View Post
Hello again xD, i have a question,
żi need make system,data and cache partitions after installing any rom? Plz help me
Not after, before, but it's not a necessity unless you're installing additional systems for multi-booting.

Rishav Sharan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadWolf View Post
Not after, before, but it's not a necessity unless you're installing additional systems for multi-booting.
Just to piggy back this question.
One rom installing guide told that i have to manually create the system 3 partition.
But my rooted BMM is showing system 1-6. are these just dummy entries or do the partitions exist already?

1BadWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishav Sharan View Post
Just to piggy back this question.
One rom installing guide told that i have to manually create the system 3 partition.
But my rooted BMM is showing system 1-6. are these just dummy entries or do the partitions exist already?
They're just dummy entries. You only need to create additional partitions if you intend to use them. Creating additional will leave you with less room for apps, etc on system 1 so don't do that step unless you're multi booting.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1BadWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barb3r
Old
Thanks Meter 7
When installing my rom(slimkat) i couldnt figure out how to create system 3, so i flashed onto system 1. I got the error about BMM not installing
bye to bmm, install didnt take and i had to flash ics back. What did i do wrong?

h1ms3lf
Old
Thanks Meter 14
1. did you used/remove bootstrap files before install BMM?

2. did you made any changes to recovery.fstab file from etc/bmm/conf?
you suppose to change /int vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p25 to /int auto /dev/block/userdata

dr34m3r94
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb3r View Post
When installing my rom(slimkat) i couldnt figure out how to create system 3, so i flashed onto system 1. I got the error about BMM not installing
bye to bmm, install didnt take and i had to flash ics back. What did i do wrong?
When installing a ROM by formatting /system, BMM is removed from system partition. To get it back for next boot you have to go to system keeper option in recovery and install BMM again.
I had to go to back to ICS twice when I made this mistake. Hope you don't make the same mistake next time.

Cheeers!
The Following User Says Thank You to dr34m3r94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barb3r
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I tried again this time flashing the rom first then rebooting. Rom loaded up nice with BMM already installed. However, when I went back to recovery to flash the gapps I got a boot loop.