Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LAVA Iris 406Q Root access

Tip us?

shariq.a28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
Please be very very carefully using something like vroot for rooting your device. It is downloading binaries onto your computer and your device. In the case of vroot it is also collecting information from the device during the rooting process. This is why xda is classifying vroot as a form of malware and not because of the root exploits it contains. I usually close vroot threads, but that wouldn't be fair to the OP in this case, since he didn't start this as a vroot thread. So please, can we keep the vroot support to a minimum and look for another way of rooting this device.
Thanks buddy , thats what i have been talking to people for long ...........vroot is not atall safe and even people who have reported this being working doesnt looks real .........i know one person personally having this worked some time back but eventually with update it went back to unroot mode , problem is even if u root , it doesnt unroot and then no other software manage to root it again coz , ur bios. kernel is already hacked .

Shreesh_the_beginner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting without vroot

Can anyone please post a guide on how to root this phone without vroot?

Shreesh_the_beginner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesh_the_beginner View Post
Can anyone please post a guide on how to root this phone without vroot?
I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-
  1. 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  2. 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
  3. Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?

shariq.a28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-
  1. 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  2. 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
  3. Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?
Rooting is the only solution to ur problem but it seems no one has done it yet ...... 25 mb update wel i too received but it did not got updated completely but only partially ....... how is the case with u ?

Shreesh_the_beginner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shariq.a28 View Post
Rooting is the only solution to ur problem but it seems no one has done it yet ...... 25 mb update wel i too received but it did not got updated completely but only partially ....... how is the case with u ?
Hi Shariq,

i have rooted it using Root Genius PC application
For the 25 mb update, please contact lava service center guys, they will guide you to the nearest service center where you need to take your phone and they will update it,

Now for playing games like asphalt , i tried link2SD .folder mount , gl to sd. but unsuccessful,
Please guide

shariq.a28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Hi Shariq,

i have rooted it using Root Genius PC application
For the 25 mb update, please contact lava service center guys, they will guide you to the nearest service center where you need to take your phone and they will update it,

Now for playing games like asphalt , i tried link2SD .folder mount , gl to sd. but unsuccessful,
Please guide

hi Shreesh ,

if its rooted then you should be able to gl to sd which should be enough for this device , please download root checker and check if ur device is actually rooted with full root access

shariq.a28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shariq.a28 View Post
hi Shreesh ,

if its rooted then you should be able to gl to sd which should be enough for this device , please download root checker and check if ur device is actually rooted with full root access
Successfully rooted my cell with RootGenius and playing games with GL TO SD ....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .......game over , now life is funn

saiyyedfardeen
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Wink Root Lava iris 406q without pc

Try this
http://www.skyneel.com/2014/04/how-t...ithout-pc.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinta View Post