Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nokia Lumia 920 not turn on after attempted update

Tip us?

ArturSimmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Nokia Lumia 920 not turn on after attempted update

Sorry for my bad english, i'm not fluent in this language, i'm using Google translate

Last night I was trying to update my Lumia 920, the phone did not have much battery, I put it to charge just before, just after I clicked "install updates" I stepped away from the phone and shortly after I returned, the phone was restarting automatically, appeared one home screen "Nokia" and then appeared the signal of charging (red battery in the middle of the screen when it charging when off)

Since then I can no longer connect, I took the charger but continued the infinite loop, nokia - red icon of charger - nokia - red icon of charger... not shut down the phone and insisted in the infinite loop

I tried using the [Power Button + Volume -] and nothing, just vibrated and turned on the phone and still in the loop
I tried using the [Power Button + Volume - + camera button and then release the power button after vibrate] and nothing, just vibrated and turned on the phone and still in the loop
I tried to use that "Nokia Recovery" software, but the computer did not recognize the phone, the phone is turned off and does not give a sign of life, not to be when I plug it into the outlet, it repeatedly flashing the screen "Nokia" and phone turn off, "Nokia" appears again (repeatedly in the loop) until I get him out of the charger

I left "charging" all night (with the screen flashing repeatedly) and insists in not turn on, the computer did not recognize, the device is switched off

Please someone tell me what I can do I'm grateful
(Note: new phone, just 2 weeks of use, I never fell down or anything)

dxdy
Old
(Last edited by dxdy; 6th June 2014 at 08:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1655

DONATE TO ME
did you try select "My phone does not start up or respond" (Meu telephone nao inicializa ou nao responde) in Nokia Software Recovery Tool?

also look this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

ArturSimmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy View Post
did you try select "My phone does not start up or respond" in Nokia Software Recovery Tool?

also look this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453
Yes, but I plug my phone into the computer and it is not recognized, will not turn on or anything, aparace "press the power button + volume button and then click OK" but I do it anyway and my phone is not recognized, it not even give a sign of life

mircam_11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hi

Did you solved this issue? I am having the same problem. (Ya resolviste este problema? estoy teniendo el mismo problema.. ayuda!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturSimmer View Post
Sorry for my bad english, i'm not fluent in this language, i'm using Google translate

Last night I was trying to update my Lumia 920, the phone did not have much battery, I put it to charge just before, just after I clicked "install updates" I stepped away from the phone and shortly after I returned, the phone was restarting automatically, appeared one home screen "Nokia" and then appeared the signal of charging (red battery in the middle of the screen when it charging when off)

Since then I can no longer connect, I took the charger but continued the infinite loop, nokia - red icon of charger - nokia - red icon of charger... not shut down the phone and insisted in the infinite loop

I tried using the [Power Button + Volume -] and nothing, just vibrated and turned on the phone and still in the loop
I tried using the [Power Button + Volume - + camera button and then release the power button after vibrate] and nothing, just vibrated and turned on the phone and still in the loop
I tried to use that "Nokia Recovery" software, but the computer did not recognize the phone, the phone is turned off and does not give a sign of life, not to be when I plug it into the outlet, it repeatedly flashing the screen "Nokia" and phone turn off, "Nokia" appears again (repeatedly in the loop) until I get him out of the charger

I left "charging" all night (with the screen flashing repeatedly) and insists in not turn on, the computer did not recognize, the device is switched off

Please someone tell me what I can do I'm grateful
(Note: new phone, just 2 weeks of use, I never fell down or anything)