Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No recovery mode please help!!

Tip us?

hrangwala95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default No recovery mode please help!!

Hi

I had rooted my lg g2 then i went back to stock using the instructions on xda and when phone booted after flashing stock rom all my old apps and data was there but without root is this normal? So i decided to do a hard reset with the volume down and power key but it just doesnt boot into stock recovery or hard reset menu i tried more than 30 times!! What has happened to my stock recovery? Do i not have a. recovery or what? What should i do please help me. I am running kit kat on lg g2 d802 international version.

And one last question does flashing stock rom bring stock recovery back?

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrangwala95 View Post
Hi

I had rooted my lg g2 then i went back to stock using the instructions on xda and when phone booted after flashing stock rom all my old apps and data was there but without root is this normal? So i decided to do a hard reset with the volume down and power key but it just doesnt boot into stock recovery or hard reset menu i tried more than 30 times!! What has happened to my stock recovery? Do i not have a. recovery or what? What should i do please help me. I am running kit kat on lg g2 d802 international version.

And one last question does flashing stock rom bring stock recovery back?
yes, flashing stock kdz brings stock recovery back.

The new combination is, hold power + volume down until you see the lg logo, release shortly, then hold volume up and volume down(this will perform a factory reset).

Try connecting to a pc, turn on debuging mode. Download adb, type adb reboot recovery

or terminal emulator from play store --also reboot recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hrangwala95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi thanks for the help the new combination is still not working do i have to get the timing perfect or what?

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1253

DONATE TO ME
Well. Is it the new 20b and 20d? Power off the phone. Hold vol down and power until the lg logo, release just for a short moment and then hold just volume up and volume down.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hrangwala95
Old
(Last edited by hrangwala95; 13th May 2014 at 02:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007 View Post
Well. Is it the new 20b and 20d? Power off the phone. Hold vol down and power until the lg logo, release just for a short moment and then hold just volume up and volume down.

Thankyou soooo much adb worked and i got to the recovery and did a factory reset and cache reset from there. Is this the same as the button combination reset or are the two resets different? and i did data wipe reset first then cache reset is that right?

Again thankyou so much for your help i really appreciate it.

One last question how do i wipe dalvik cache without root and custom recovery?

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1253

DONATE TO ME
It's the same. They changed the combination since 20b(new 20b)
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hrangwala95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
It's the same. They changed the combination since 20b(new 20b)
One last question how do i wipe dalvik cache without root or custom recovery?

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrangwala95 View Post
One last question how do i wipe dalvik cache without root or custom recovery?
You can't. You can do a factory reset from settings or manually per APP clear caches.

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:

So far so good. Backup not needed.

big_pulse
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy ROOT still shows up in download mode

I followed the very same procedure to return my phone to stock firmware, but when i enter download mode, it still shows up as "ROOT" in red in the bottom. And i'm unable to enter stock recovery or even the hard reset menu(the one where power button needs to be pressed thrice to reset).
PLEASE HELP ! I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with the device