Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 Device Locked - McAfee Needs PIN after Factory Reset

Tip us?

amitbhawani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default LG G3 Device Locked - McAfee Needs PIN after Factory Reset

Hey everyone,

Just got a New LG G3 and post a factory reset the device is asking for a McAfee PIN which was never setup. Is there anyway to skip this and move onto the homescreen? This screen has locked the device and no options work except the emergency call option.

Attached is a screenshot of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-06-27 17.10.02.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2820472  

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbhawani View Post
Hey everyone,

Just got a New LG G3 and post a factory reset the device is asking for a McAfee PIN which was never setup. Is there anyway to skip this and move onto the homescreen? This screen has locked the device and no options work except the emergency call option.

Attached is a screenshot of the same.
https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com...-password.aspx you could try this

amitbhawani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
Thats not going to work as its a lock which shows up before even setting up the phone if you do a factory reset. Spoke to support at Mcafee too who also could not fix it.

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
Quote:
Thats not going to work as its a lock which shows up before even setting up the phone if you do a factory reset. Spoke to support at Mcafee too who also could not fix it.
Reflash the stock firmware for your device

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

dondavis007
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Get a new phone. Something is wrong. I wonder what LG thought McAfee should give in user plus. You have to root to get rid of it, clever thinking
Just give me a Nexus/Silver with a great camera/app...

Smart(er) phones:
iPhone 3, N1, Optimus 2X, Xperia Arc, iPhone 4, Xperia S, Motorola Razr, Galaxy Note, One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia V, Padfone 2 + "New", Note 2, iPhone 5, HTC One S, S4, Xperia ZR, LG G2, N5, Z1c, HTC M7 & M8, S5, G3, etc...

Pads:
iPad, Asus T1+T2+Prime, Galaxy Tab 8,9. iPad2, Nexus 7, Padfone 2, iPad4. PadFone 4, New PadFone

If I helped you hit "thanks"

st_7
Old
Thanks Meter 38
This is what happens if a half baked feature incorporated into a released device(I say it is half baked, it never should ask for a pin if the pin is not at all set at the first place & McAfee should have a solution to this problem). This is the 3rd or 4th thread that is opened on this issue, within last few days. Hopefully, McAfee or LG quickly find a solution for this, so that users don't suffer.

To OP, as some one suggested please try to flash the stock firmware(if it is possible).

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1369

DONATE TO ME
Revoking administration privileges was the first thing I did when I got this phone.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

amitbhawani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tried to talk to different representatives from Mcafee and they could not find a solution but anyway I have got this solved by going to the app and resetting it before the lock could show up. Will be writing down later on the complete procedure.

Thanks to everyone for contributing.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to amitbhawani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobsie41
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Tried to talk to different representatives from Mcafee and they could not find a solution but anyway I have got this solved by going to the app and resetting it before the lock could show up. Will be writing down later on the complete procedure.

Thanks to everyone for contributing.

Regards
How did you do this please.