Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hardware root/JTAG pinout

Tip us?

Determined
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase View Post
I spent a bit trying today, I never could get a response from RTCK at all
Ignore it, RTCK is not always available and JTAG works without it as long as your clock is within acceptable range. I used 1000khz-3000khz. Don't know if clock is configurable in riffbox that I believe you use. Also, does riffbox support 1.8v levels?

jcase
Old
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Thanks Meter 7,207

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined View Post
Ignore it, RTCK is not always available and JTAG works without it as long as your clock is within acceptable range. I used 1000khz-3000khz. Don't know if clock is configurable in riffbox that I believe you use. Also, does riffbox support 1.8v levels?
Clock is configurable, I believe it does 1.8 but I'm not home now so can't verify

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm taking a break of an undetermined length. Please don't contact me about exploits

Something important? jcase@cunninglogic.com
Like Android security topics? Join our G+ community -> https://plus.google.com/communities/...07618051049043
My Bitcoin address : 1Newifz6yETTmbziCsZZstmHHPH6ejNr75

krasny2k5
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi!

One noob question, if you can develop a root method or a way to flash the device using jtag, what kind of device will be necessary to do it?

something like this? http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Blaster

thanks!

krasny2k5
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Any advances with JTAG?

thanks!

cz172638
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined View Post
Connecting to JTAG with OpenOCD needs a few changes in the cortex_a.c source to enable support for Cortex-A15. If you actually make those changes and play with debug registers, you will discover that DBGEN and SPIDEN signals/fuses are disabled, so debug mode is not accessible.

I have not yet tried flashing.
that's not true, i currently play with openocd, flyswatter2 and ifc6410 (another apq8064 box) and i discovered, that problem is how openocd handles writing to crtlstat register. seems openocd implements dap ver. 0 way, but not dap ver. 1 and dap ver. 2 ways. i'm currently diving to arm coresight documentation and openocd code.
The Following User Says Thank You to cz172638 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krasny2k5
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cz172638 View Post
that's not true, i currently play with openocd, flyswatter2 and ifc6410 (another apq8064 box) and i discovered, that problem is how openocd handles writing to crtlstat register. seems openocd implements dap ver. 0 way, but not dap ver. 1 and dap ver. 2 ways. i'm currently diving to arm coresight documentation and openocd code.
Good to know that somebody is working in JTAG solution for AFTV box. Let us know your findings!

Thanks!