OP Determined

17th May 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

I spent a bit trying today, I never could get a response from RTCK at all

Ignore it, RTCK is not always available and JTAG works without it as long as your clock is within acceptable range. I used 1000khz-3000khz. Don't know if clock is configurable in riffbox that I believe you use. Also, does riffbox support 1.8v levels?
17th May 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #22  
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 8,308

3,945 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined

Ignore it, RTCK is not always available and JTAG works without it as long as your clock is within acceptable range. I used 1000khz-3000khz. Don't know if clock is configurable in riffbox that I believe you use. Also, does riffbox support 1.8v levels?

Clock is configurable, I believe it does 1.8 but I'm not home now so can't verify

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Hi!

One noob question, if you can develop a root method or a way to flash the device using jtag, what kind of device will be necessary to do it?

something like this? http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Blaster

thanks!
10th June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #24  

54 posts
Any advances with JTAG?

thanks!
4th July 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined

Connecting to JTAG with OpenOCD needs a few changes in the cortex_a.c source to enable support for Cortex-A15. If you actually make those changes and play with debug registers, you will discover that DBGEN and SPIDEN signals/fuses are disabled, so debug mode is not accessible.

I have not yet tried flashing.

that's not true, i currently play with openocd, flyswatter2 and ifc6410 (another apq8064 box) and i discovered, that problem is how openocd handles writing to crtlstat register. seems openocd implements dap ver. 0 way, but not dap ver. 1 and dap ver. 2 ways. i'm currently diving to arm coresight documentation and openocd code.
The Following User Says Thank You to cz172638 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #26  

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cz172638

that's not true, i currently play with openocd, flyswatter2 and ifc6410 (another apq8064 box) and i discovered, that problem is how openocd handles writing to crtlstat register. seems openocd implements dap ver. 0 way, but not dap ver. 1 and dap ver. 2 ways. i'm currently diving to arm coresight documentation and openocd code.

Good to know that somebody is working in JTAG solution for AFTV box. Let us know your findings!

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread