Rooted but still no candy (or condi :)
Originally Posted by fake_japanese_guy
you can, if you had root before and you have a working _hack_recovery.zip
here is the procedure:
* copy the _hack_recovery.zip to sdcard
* go to recovery mode (press and hold Vol+ and press power)
* put sd card in tablet and select to apply updates from _hack_recovery.zip
* This will fail, but after that you can give "adb shell" command from computer to gain shell access
* run /system/bin/tempsu to gain root user access (this will work only if u had root before u try the update)
* mount /system as RW and copy the correct region.zip
hope this helps.. i had the same issue, and i unbricked like this..
Hey I'm in almost the same position... but this method didn't work for me.
I have a Sony Tablet S, rooted R5a (has been working fine for months) but suddenly it now gets stuck on the startup animation after the logo. USB debugging was disabled before it got bricked
All I can do is boot into recovery mode. I tried factory reset (wipe data, cache, etc) but it didn't help. I tried updating stock r5a, pre-rooted r5a, and a few other verions from zip files in sdcard but all give the same "version/sku" error. The _hack_recovery I guess deosn't work for me because the tablet wasn't in USB debugging mode?
Is it possible to make any custom zip with a version number >121116036? Please? Anyone? If I can try to flash such a zip and it still fails then I'll know I have to send it to Sony...