Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M919N Any Custom ROM? CWM Recovery? Kit Kat?

Tip us?

mast3rmms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] M919N Any Custom ROM? CWM Recovery? Kit Kat?

Hello developers!
I looking around the web and searching for the MetroPCS Galaxy S4 variant for custom roms, CWM recovery or KitKat update... Seems like this S4 its The ONLY variant doesn't have non of that only deodexed one 4.2.2 JB. Any news about this model?

JORDVN
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Hey man any tmo rom or recovery will work just fine for the m919n. Just use autoroot to get it rooted, then install any t mobile recovery then of course the rom of your choice. I know this works because I'm using a M919N model S4 and it works perfectly with t mobile roms etc.. don't use it with sprint or at&t though. Hope this helped.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
Addicted to ROMs. My body is always ready

mast3rmms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
mm... sounds interesting, maybe i can give it a try. Can you give me the links you work with it? for the recovery and the recomended roms?

ReaperKK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDVN View Post
Hey man any tmo rom or recovery will work just fine for the m919n. Just use autoroot to get it rooted, then install any t mobile recovery then of course the rom of your choice. I know this works because I'm using a M919N model S4 and it works perfectly with t mobile roms etc.. don't use it with sprint or at&t though. Hope this helped.

Would I be able to completely reinstall kit kat? I'm having an issue with my S4 after I did the OTA update. The phone is completely unstable, restarts at random times, I've put it to stock and done a bunch of resets, nothing seems to be helping, I was about to use my insurance to get a new phone.

JORDVN
Old
(Last edited by JORDVN; 17th March 2014 at 02:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3rmms View Post
mm... sounds interesting, maybe i can give it a try. Can you give me the links you work with it? for the recovery and the recomended roms?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265998

Wicked ROM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2263001

TWRP Recovery

Just browse the android development section of the tmobile s4 and you'll find a bunch of stuff

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperKK View Post
Would I be able to completely reinstall kit kat? I'm having an issue with my S4 after I did the OTA update. The phone is completely unstable, restarts at random times, I've put it to stock and done a bunch of resets, nothing seems to be helping, I was about to use my insurance to get a new phone.
You did OTA and now it's unstable hmm. Is your phone stock m919 or m919n? And what steps did you go through to do the OTA? Which modems did you flash etc?

ReaperKK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDVN View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265998

You did OTA and now it's unstable hmm. Is your phone stock m919 or m919n? And what steps did you go through to do the OTA? Which modems did you flash etc?

My phone is stock m919, I received the 3xx meg update to kit kat. Downloaded it and just installed it, I didn't flash any modem just a simple update.

JORDVN
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My phone is stock m919, I received the 3xx meg update to kit kat. Downloaded it and just installed it, I didn't flash any modem just a simple update.
Hmm that's strange then. I suggest doing a factory reset and clearing internal memory as well. I had a reboot problem a while back on a ROM I was using and a lot of people suggested clearing internal because it may cause problems

BRAYKO
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any custom 4.4.2?

Kriptik210
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAYKO View Post
Any custom 4.4.2?
There a many in the Android development section. AOSP, GE, KK, whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Try flashing whatever stock firmware you had before the update, via ODIN. If that doesn't go through then just flash the newest firmware ( I'm guessing was the OTA)

Quote:
Can you post a pic of your phone info and provide what version the OTA was?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............