MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Safe way to shutdown/power down Fire TV?

3rd July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerJoeBR

Which MCE remote do you use? I have one from philips but it doesnt work with my ftv.

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

What gen is it? I heard old mce receivers don't work? My USB receiver is a Phillips/nxp. It came with my zotac mini pc.
3rd July 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I just got my fire TV, rooted and installed a few apps including the firedtv.
I left it over night and realized it never went into sleep (the front led was on). I was able to put into sleep using a keyboard, but I don't want to keep the keyboard near my fire tv all the time.
Do you guys know what is wrong?
3rd July 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 31

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmao

I just got my fire TV, rooted and installed a few apps including the firedtv.
I left it over night and realized it never went into sleep (the front led was on). I was able to put into sleep using a keyboard, but I don't want to keep the keyboard near my fire tv all the time.
Do you guys know what is wrong?

Try rebooting your box and without loading any external apps, see if it goes to sleep after a certain time. My guest is that an app is still running in the background preventing sleep mode.

When I first installed XBMC that happened too. I found out that XBMC was still running in the background because I didn't properly exit the app. Clicking the home button on the remote just leaves XBMC running in the background. Exit by pressing XBMC power off button and setting the system power saving timer to shut down at a interval during idle works.
4th July 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #14  
Flag Fullerton

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETFoneHome

Try rebooting your box and without loading any external apps, see if it goes to sleep after a certain time. My guest is that an app is still running in the background preventing sleep mode.

When I first installed XBMC that happened too. I found out that XBMC was still running in the background because I didn't properly exit the app. Clicking the home button on the remote just leaves XBMC running in the background. Exit by pressing XBMC power off button and setting the system power saving timer to shut down at a interval during idle works.

You can also set the power off setting in xbmc to exit after some idle time value.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #15  

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhead

You can also set the power off setting in xbmc to exit after some idle time value.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yea, that's what I said. It's set to 30mins. Works fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread