Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more
Post Reply

[Q] G3 or Nexus 6?

OP F4M0U569

30th June 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #31  
tarroyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hollywood, CA
Thanks Meter: 215
 
1,508 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
Usually the devices are similar in specs but with LG not being the company to make the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called) it's a whole different ball game.
30th June 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarroyo

Usually the devices are similar in specs but with LG not being the company to make the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called) it's a whole different ball game.

It's worth noting that (if I remember correctly) LG also said they weren't making the Nexus 5.

There's been so many rumours floating around about who isn't making the Nexus 6, or how there won't be one at all that I wouldn't rule anything out yet.
3rd July 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #33  
bartito's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,132
 
2,455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2005
Donate to Me
Nexus 6 without any doubt!
3rd July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #34  
Lostatsea23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
If you get a nexus there are usually things you have to deal with because the cheap price, whether its really bad speakers, bad earpiece, or bad reception and build quality issues, there's always a downfall to cutting corners. If you can deal with that then the Nexus is the way to go.
3rd July 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
479 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostatsea23

If you get a nexus there are usually things you have to deal with because the cheap price, whether its really bad speakers, bad earpiece, or bad reception and build quality issues, there's always a downfall to cutting corners. If you can deal with that then the Nexus is the way to go.

True. I bought the bright n5 like 3 months ago (I had the white one previously) and now the red one is having wifi issues!. Sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect, really slow! I can't wait to sell this phone and get the g3 then. I use the wifi a lot
3rd July 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #36  
daddioj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poconos
Thanks Meter: 189
 
1,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4M0U569

True. I bought the bright n5 like 3 months ago (I had the white one previously) and now the red one is having wifi issues!. Sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect, really slow! I can't wait to sell this phone and get the g3 then. I use the wifi a lot

the G3 i had . had really strong wifi signal and reception in general
3rd July 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
479 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddioj

the G3 i had . had really strong wifi signal and reception in general

I found out I was having wifi problems when I used my old white n5. At first I thought I was having issues with the router but it is the god damn phone that is having the problem. It was already too late to rma it. How do the buttons feel being on the back?
4th July 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #38  
daddioj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poconos
Thanks Meter: 189
 
1,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4M0U569

I found out I was having wifi problems when I used my old white n5. At first I thought I was having issues with the router but it is the god damn phone that is having the problem. It was already too late to rma it. How do the buttons feel being on the back?

solid. but then again so did my G2
4th July 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #39  
latino147's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 169
 
1,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Imagine the Nexus 6 being a G3.....but with a FHD screen to cut costs......and no replaceable battery or external sd....so the battery could be the same as in the G2, a Li-Po battery instead of a Li-On

That would get great battery life!
4th July 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #40  
Pilz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 271
 
1,133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino147

Imagine the Nexus 6 being a G3.....but with a FHD screen to cut costs......and no replaceable battery or external sd....so the battery could be the same as in the G2, a Li-Po battery instead of a Li-On

That would get great battery life!

I don't trust LiPo batteries. A short circuit could in the regulating chip can cause them to explode. I've always be weary of them because of this. Seeing one malfunction is cool to watch unless its unintentional. I know most laptops use them, but that's just me. A removable battery is better in my opinion. If there was a GPE of the G3 that would be better than a Nexus 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank