Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G3 or Nexus 6?

Tip us?

tarroyo
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Usually the devices are similar in specs but with LG not being the company to make the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called) it's a whole different ball game.

Dan1909
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarroyo View Post
Usually the devices are similar in specs but with LG not being the company to make the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called) it's a whole different ball game.
It's worth noting that (if I remember correctly) LG also said they weren't making the Nexus 5.

There's been so many rumours floating around about who isn't making the Nexus 6, or how there won't be one at all that I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

bartito
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,117

DONATE TO ME
Nexus 6 without any doubt!
Phone model: LG G3 (due to locked bootloader: do not buy it if you like tinkering)

Twitter: @matrixppc

Download my Android Apps

Lostatsea23
Old
Thanks Meter 72
If you get a nexus there are usually things you have to deal with because the cheap price, whether its really bad speakers, bad earpiece, or bad reception and build quality issues, there's always a downfall to cutting corners. If you can deal with that then the Nexus is the way to go.

F4M0U569
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostatsea23 View Post
If you get a nexus there are usually things you have to deal with because the cheap price, whether its really bad speakers, bad earpiece, or bad reception and build quality issues, there's always a downfall to cutting corners. If you can deal with that then the Nexus is the way to go.
True. I bought the bright n5 like 3 months ago (I had the white one previously) and now the red one is having wifi issues!. Sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect, really slow! I can't wait to sell this phone and get the g3 then. I use the wifi a lot

daddioj
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4M0U569 View Post
True. I bought the bright n5 like 3 months ago (I had the white one previously) and now the red one is having wifi issues!. Sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect, really slow! I can't wait to sell this phone and get the g3 then. I use the wifi a lot
the G3 i had . had really strong wifi signal and reception in general

F4M0U569
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddioj View Post
the G3 i had . had really strong wifi signal and reception in general
I found out I was having wifi problems when I used my old white n5. At first I thought I was having issues with the router but it is the god damn phone that is having the problem. It was already too late to rma it. How do the buttons feel being on the back?

daddioj
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4M0U569 View Post
I found out I was having wifi problems when I used my old white n5. At first I thought I was having issues with the router but it is the god damn phone that is having the problem. It was already too late to rma it. How do the buttons feel being on the back?
solid. but then again so did my G2

latino147
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Imagine the Nexus 6 being a G3.....but with a FHD screen to cut costs......and no replaceable battery or external sd....so the battery could be the same as in the G2, a Li-Po battery instead of a Li-On

That would get great battery life!

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino147 View Post
Imagine the Nexus 6 being a G3.....but with a FHD screen to cut costs......and no replaceable battery or external sd....so the battery could be the same as in the G2, a Li-Po battery instead of a Li-On

That would get great battery life!
I don't trust LiPo batteries. A short circuit could in the regulating chip can cause them to explode. I've always be weary of them because of this. Seeing one malfunction is cool to watch unless its unintentional. I know most laptops use them, but that's just me. A removable battery is better in my opinion. If there was a GPE of the G3 that would be better than a Nexus 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Note 3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)