Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does it track calories/distance?

Tip us?

Milkeh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Does it track calories/distance?

So I'm sort of interested in purchasing a Gear 2 Neo, and am always using runkeeper on my phone to track my distance, pace and calories burned and was wondering if the Gear 2 Neo can do the same?

I'm also curious as to whether it works with RunKeeper or not, as I like to track all my runs with it.

kredpl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, it can measure calories burned, heart rate, distance traveled, steps taken as well as speed.

kbboykin
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkeh View Post
So I'm sort of interested in purchasing a Gear 2 Neo, and am always using runkeeper on my phone to track my distance, pace and calories burned and was wondering if the Gear 2 Neo can do the same?

I'm also curious as to whether it works with RunKeeper or not, as I like to track all my runs with it.
As already mentioned above, yes it can. One of the included apps is called Exercise and it will track your running, walking, cycling, and hiking. I use this for my walking and running (on the elliptical) and it gives me: start time, duration, distance (miles), calories burned, avg speed, max speed, avg pace, max pace, and average heart rate.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, KK 4.4.2 stock
Sprint Motorola Moto X, KK 4.4.2 (backup 1)
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII , JB 4.3 (backup 2)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, KK 4.4.2 Stock
Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Neo
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Google Nexus 7 HD 2013, KK 4.4.2 stock
Asus TF700T, Running CROMBi-KK latest

Milkeh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
As already mentioned above, yes it can. One of the included apps is called Exercise and it will track your running, walking, cycling, and hiking. I use this for my walking and running (on the elliptical) and it gives me: start time, duration, distance (miles), calories burned, avg speed, max speed, avg pace, max pace, and average heart rate.
Thanks for the replies. I read something about the tracking not being accurate due to not having GPS. Does anybody know how it compares to using runkeeper on my phone?

Bond@007
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I dont' understand how it work for bikking because there isnt' steps counts with this sport ... what's happening with this ?

parcou
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond@007 View Post
I dont' understand how it work for bikking because there isnt' steps counts with this sport ... what's happening with this ?
hiking and Biking it user the GPS not the pedometer per Samsung site on the how to instructions...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (rooted only) by VZW
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted Beans) by VZW
Samsung Gear (rooted NULL)
Samsung Gear 2

(retired) HTC Incredible
(retired) HTC TouchPro 2
(retired) HTC TouchPro
(retired) HTC 6800
...All Verizon Wireless