From now on, I will be calling it by its open-source name, "Boot2Gecko" or "B2G".
Boot2Gecko is an open-source mobile operating system from Mozilla (better known for their Firefox web browser), with the UI done completely in HTML5.
To support a wide range of hardware, it first boots a bare-minimum Android, then from there starts Gecko (Mozilla's web browser engine).
That also means it can be (fairly) easily ported to normal Android devices like ours ^_^
This is, to my knowledge - the first ARMv6 device to run Boot2Gecko (at least I couldn't find any others by searching)
I was originally planning to wait until RIL was fixed to release this, but that seems to be taking too long, and they've made it less laggy than it was then - so here it is
A few people from marvel (Wildfire S) might be working on it too, so hopefully RIL will get fixed soon.
Notes/tips if you are new to B2G:
- There is no menu, back, or search button - just home (back button will be in the app)
- Screenshots are taken with home+power
- Hold spacebar to close the keyboard
- Notifications are dismissed by swiping to the right only
- If you plug in headphones, be warned - it currently sets everything at max volume (until you change it)
Things that don't work yet:
- RIL (calls, SMS, anything that uses the phone radio)
- Videos work, but color is derped
- Trackball wake (would need to add it - might also just make the trackball a home button)
- FM radio
Newest build (May 11th, 2014) - http://goo.gl/zxtKR4
xda devdb mirror: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=6136
MediaFire mirror: https://www.mediafire.com/?bc9w4b7rk46j2yq
Do not wipe data/factory reset after installing - all of the apps (including the system) are installed to data.
Data is already wiped when installing, and it won't boot if you do after.
B2G repo with everything you need to build: https://github.com/SimplicityCM/B2G/tree/master
Kernel source only: http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/m...it/tree/?h=ics
Boot2Gecko for liberty, ROM for the HTC Aria
ROM OS Version: 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
ROM Firmware Required: hboot 1.02 (Revolutionary or HTCdev unlock)
Based On: Boot2Gecko
Current Beta Version: 20140511
Beta Release Date: 2014-05-11
Last Updated 2014-05-12