Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does the amazon fire tv work with bluetooth headphones?

Tip us?

biglo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Does the amazon fire tv work with bluetooth headphones?

I want to know if its possible to pair some bluetooth headphones with the fire tv since it does have bluetooth? I would be nice to be able to watch a movie using bluetooth headphones with the unit. Only makes sense that this should be a feature.
Current:
Phone: HTC One Developer Edition ~ Rom: SinLessROM GPe v6.6.0 / InsertCoin 2.1.1
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.3 ~ ~ S-OFF: Revone ~ Hboot: 1.56

Sold:
Phone: MyTouch 3G Slide ~ Rom: CM 6.1.1 ~ Radio: 7.15.35.16 ~ Recovery: Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.1 ~ SD: 8GB Class 4 - EXT3: 512 S-OFF: AlphaRev 1.8

Retired:
Phone: T-Mobile G1 ~ Radio: 2.22.27.08 ~ SPL: 1.33.0013d ~ Recovery: RA-Freedom Recovery 1.3.1 ~ Rom: CM 5.0.8 (My Custom Theme) ~ SD: 4GB Class 6 - EXT4: 512 || SWAP: 96

kinglars
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglo View Post
I want to know if its possible to pair some bluetooth headphones with the fire tv since it does have bluetooth? I would be nice to be able to watch a movie using bluetooth headphones with the unit. Only makes sense that this should be a feature.
Did you ever get this to work? If so, how did you do it? Roommates are complaining about my late night tv watching habits.

sadboyzz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Yes if you install the Android Settings.apk you can make the FireTV pair with bluetooth audio devices. However with both devices I tried, a headset and a speaker, there's horrendous audio lag that makes it basically unusable. I guess I'll just wait for official support from Amazon.

biglo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadboyzz View Post
Yes if you install the Android Settings.apk you can make the FireTV pair with bluetooth audio devices. However with both devices I tried, a headset and a speaker, there's horrendous audio lag that makes it basically unusable. I guess I'll just wait for official support from Amazon.
Dang that sucks, this thing really needs a be update now because so far it's missing a lot of things.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current:
Phone: HTC One Developer Edition ~ Rom: SinLessROM GPe v6.6.0 / InsertCoin 2.1.1
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.3 ~ ~ S-OFF: Revone ~ Hboot: 1.56

Sold:
Phone: MyTouch 3G Slide ~ Rom: CM 6.1.1 ~ Radio: 7.15.35.16 ~ Recovery: Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.1 ~ SD: 8GB Class 4 - EXT3: 512 S-OFF: AlphaRev 1.8

Retired:
Phone: T-Mobile G1 ~ Radio: 2.22.27.08 ~ SPL: 1.33.0013d ~ Recovery: RA-Freedom Recovery 1.3.1 ~ Rom: CM 5.0.8 (My Custom Theme) ~ SD: 4GB Class 6 - EXT4: 512 || SWAP: 96

27scoob
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Have you used the audio offset feature to correct the lag ? I had to use it to correct the lag while using my Ouya and a Bluetooth enabled powered PA speaker.

fireTVnews.com
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Dang that sucks, this thing really needs a be update now because so far it's missing a lot of things.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
There's a good chance the next update will come June 18th when Amazon reveals their smartphone. I would expect the Fire TV will need to be updated in order to interact with the phone.

sadboyzz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
Have you used the audio offset feature to correct the lag ? I had to use it to correct the lag while using my Ouya and a Bluetooth enabled powered PA speaker.
It's not a constant lag on the firetv, lag increases the longer you play something.

loughrey101
Old
Thanks Meter 2
All you need to do is connect a USB Bluetooth receiver that often comes with the headphones and pair it with that directly. Get a multi-USB hub so you can connect various other things to it also. I'm using everything with the USB port like air mouses etc. and all work perfectly and it doesn't require any settings or rooting.