Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ KatKiss-KitKat #019 ]Battery not charging?

Tip us?

timduru
Old
Thanks Meter 8254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by perompak13 View Post
i have mention in other thread,,,my charger original from asus,,,my asus has 2 years with me no problem before,,,,it can connect to laptop,buat when charge in on mode it cant,,,my charger ONLY can charge my battery in off mode (device shutdown),i will try full wipe back to factory re root etc,,,and then fresh install,,,,but it will take more time because i am still wait fot 100% battery,,,
if it takes that much time even when it's off, it means that it's only charging at 5V.
Also at 5V it won't charge unless the screen is off if I remember well.
There's a special pin/connection made in the cable for the charger to detect that it's a Transformer plugged that will make it charge at 12+V
There's most likely a pin/ contact broken either in your cable / charger /tab, that prevents it to charge at high voltage.

Piehti
Old
(Last edited by Piehti; 17th February 2014 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by perompak13 View Post
i have mention in other thread,,,my charger original from asus,,,my asus has 2 years with me
So you say you go with option #3 then because u already did option 2, right? Quote Tim on option 2: "Try to change cable, try to test with another charger.".

So you have 2 x THIS and 2 x THIS? Because that would mean, what Tim suggested I guess. As far as I know this is the only way ASUS shipps the original TF101.

I'm asking because most people that I know would buy another noname charger or even just a noname cable instead of horribly expensive original pieces. If you really got the 2 x 2 pieces shown above,
then I'd guess wether your tablet is broken or the software on it is broken. But again: Did the charging problem REALLY firstly appeared when intalled the ROM? Or did you install the ROM because of the
fault? Or don't you exactly know.

To point out again: It would be a strange coincidence, that both cables AND adapters would stop working exacly at the same time when u installed #19. If you use 2 different cables at the same adapter: Then it's possible that the adapter is broken and only gives the USB (5V) loading speed. If you use 2 adapters and 2 cables and tryed all combinations: The most likely something with the tab isn't cool. The software or the hardware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timduru View Post
if it takes that much time even when it's ...
Precisely what I meant.

Cheers.

kandhavelr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have loaded #29, and I started seeing this issue immediately. It was fine before that. After loading the ROM, it would only charge when TF is dead. I have the original charger and cable that came with it which was working fine before the upgrade. So, I don't suspect either of them.

Piehti
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandhavelr View Post
I have loaded #29, and I started seeing this issue immediately. It was fine before that. After loading the ROM, it would only charge when TF is dead. I have the original charger and cable that came with it which was working fine before the upgrade. So, I don't suspect either of them.
I was going with #29 and #30. Havent seen or heard about any loading issues but that was related to loading the tab on an USB port ... What actually is an bad idea even on USB3.0.

Gesendet von meinem Transformer TF101 mit Tapatalk