Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,739 Members 43,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi speed going down to 1mbps

Tip us?

ferjilo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi speed going down to 1mbps

Hi,

I have realized that my wifi connection drops down from more than 20 to only 1 Mbps with my lg g2. It happens with 2 routers and seems that if I reconnect the phone then I go back to more than 20 (and short later in goes down again). Any idea what can be?

ferjilo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No suggestions on this one? I tried the location services changes with no success. I would say it is some app causing issues, but no idea which one could be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferjilo View Post
Hi,

I have realized that my wifi connection drops down from more than 20 to only 1 Mbps with my lg g2. It happens with 2 routers and seems that if I reconnect the phone then I go back to more than 20 (and short later in goes down again). Any idea what can be?

eFCiKay
Old
Thanks Meter 5
got exactly the same problem

switching wifi off an on solves the problem for 2 minutes or so. then it drops to 1mbps again. tried different routers.

I figured out that it only concerns internet traffic. LAN traffic remains at full speed.

WHO can help please?
Nexus 10, ParanoidAndroid

Phone: LG G2, stock KK 4.4.2 DE VF rooted

meangreenie
Old
(Last edited by meangreenie; 3rd July 2014 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 628
hmmm. wonder if this is the same problem a lot nexus 5 owners have including me.. there's quite a big thread on it in n5 QA section

there's no fix but workaround solutions include running in 2g mode or turning off data when on WiFi and even making a script to do so automatically when entering WiFi areas.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...fi-n5-t2514501

eFCiKay
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thank you for that interesting link.

unfortunately the solution turning mobile data off didn't worked for me.
I also tried static IP instead of DHCP - no success.

one strange thing, as already mentioned: LAN traffic to my computer works perfectly with max speed. (copying files e.g.)
so, wifi works in principle. It's about internet traffic only.
but which kind of software/hardware is able to distinguish between internet- and local traffic?
Nexus 10, ParanoidAndroid

Phone: LG G2, stock KK 4.4.2 DE VF rooted