Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Device Status

Tip us?

mrcoffee1985
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Custom Device Status

I have rooted my note 3 via towelroot (thank you so much geohot!!!). I have installed exposed framework, supersu, busybox and safestrap. Here is the question: my note switches from device status custom to official. On some boots it will have the custom status icon on screen. Some boots it does not. This corresponds to the system info as well....sometime shows custom and sometimes official. Why is this? Its no big deal i'm just curious. Thanks.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoffee1985 View Post
I have rooted my note 3 via towelroot (thank you so much geohot!!!). I have installed exposed framework, supersu, busybox and safestrap. Here is the question: my note switches from device status custom to official. On some boots it will have the custom status icon on screen. Some boots it does not. This corresponds to the system info as well....sometime shows custom and sometimes official. Why is this? Its no big deal i'm just curious. Thanks.
Once you rooted you customized the software. That custom padlock logo is a tattle tale telling on you! I believe your using an xposed module to "fake system status" in order to fool certain people. The xposed module is failing when you see this. It's possible an update, or setting was applied to the module making it fail. Or maybe it's losing it's superuser rights. I had the same thing happen to me. I used triangle away and haven't seen it again. It will surely come back on a factory reset I'm sure.

note crazy
Old
Thanks Meter 212
This happened to me as well and I know its not the xposed because I checked it. This has only happened 3 times and has not happen in like 4 days I checked my system and it says everything is official it did say custom the 3 times it happened I did do a factory reset and it still says official my question is has anyone found a way to unroot for warranty porpoises? Su will not unroot towelroot from what im seeing ...but if everything says official would you even need to worry about unrooting lol I mean if u just factory reset and sent it back I shows no sign of root its all official and no knox tripped ..just a thought ..

wudien
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Triangle Away
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.triangleaway

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
If my post was helpful, hit thanks!

windstrings
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Freezing "sysscope " on my sgs4 removed the custom unlock boot logo /icon like a charm, however it still bounces back and forth between official and custom on device status when looking.
The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!

jondoe27
Old
(Last edited by jondoe27; 5th July 2014 at 03:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoffee1985 View Post
Remove "busy box" file in XBIN system folder. Found this solution on a "Galaxy S4" forum. For a some reason a system keeps some leftovers after the full recovery done. Kinda wrong.