Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New root method

Tip us?

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchtk View Post
So i finally got an answer from geohot. He has no idea really why it wouldn't work on exynos device. Maybe by checking several modstring but 'ost probably by giving him an exynos device. I proposed to do some testing and also to give full access to my device through ssh but it looks like it doesn't help. He probably needs to attach to the kernel or something only doable locally.

Seeing the volatility of kernel exploits (doesn't survive a kernel update obviously..), the complexity of exploiting such a bug (dep, aslr etc..not something you invent in an hour..) and the fact that I don't care much about knox software warranty my a$$ ( have custom if I want to revert), ladies and gentlemen I will happily ignore knox and root my sm-t520
sad news and i may just trip it as well

thanks for info

scomat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladeywadey View Post
interesting. OK I'll do that. When you flashed the previous firmware, is your Knox status still OK?
Yeah mine was fine mate. I just made sure it was the previous firmware for my region (BTU) so there was no conflict

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sladeywadey
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scomat View Post
Yeah mine was fine mate. I just made sure it was the previous firmware for my region (BTU) so there was no conflict

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
splendid thanks - yep just done mine - no probs and now towelrailed again..
The Following User Says Thank You to sladeywadey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skatin707
Old
Thanks Meter 300
V3 Worked like a charm for me. Time to get on slimkat