Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

( Discussion ) Bootloader Unlock / DRM Keys

Tip us?

nos1609
Old
Thanks Meter 79
What about screen mirroring?

favod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default probably a stupid question but......

hi i have checked my bootloader and it says 'bootloader unlock allowed:no' what i was wondering is other than selling the handset and getting a new one is there a way past this so i can install clockwork mod ? im finding the phone a little on the quiet side and want to flash something i found to make it so the phone uses both speaks for ringtones etc

i have been able to root the handset but before i try and unlock the bootloader and find myself running into a brick wall with it i wondered if anyone knows some sort of work around or if im completely screwed lol

thanks in advance

kamalmawa
Old
Thanks Meter 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by favod View Post
hi i have checked my bootloader and it says 'bootloader unlock allowed:no' what i was wondering is other than selling the handset and getting a new one is there a way past this so i can install clockwork mod ? im finding the phone a little on the quiet side and want to flash something i found to make it so the phone uses both speaks for ringtones etc

i have been able to root the handset but before i try and unlock the bootloader and find myself running into a brick wall with it i wondered if anyone knows some sort of work around or if im completely screwed lol

thanks in advance
Dual recovery for locked bootloaders. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785598
Device: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503
ROM: Stock 17.1.1.A.0.438
Kernel: Stock

Old Devices: Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S3 I9300T, Sony Xperia Z

Xperia Z Australian Firmwares
S3 RIL+Modem Thread
S3 Stock Kernels Thread
Tags
drm keys, rooting, xperia z2, xperia z2 rooting