Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Different screen mfrs/tecnology?? Polarized Sunglasses, 2 HTC One M8's test

Tip us?

earthtodigi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm curious to know what happens when someone who is having the issue turns the phone 90 degrees to landscape, can you see it then?

whowasthatguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtodigi View Post
I'm curious to know what happens when someone who is having the issue turns the phone 90 degrees to landscape, can you see it then?
/facepalm

earthtodigi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Seriously? Does what I was saying not make sense to you?

If you can't see the screen when wearing polarized lenses, it could be because the polarization lines are running perpendicular to one another, therefore blocking out all of the light. If you turn the phone 90 degrees, it would then align the polarization lines, allowing you to see the screen. Just like the post above mine explained with the sunglasses at Walmart, it would likely be the same thing, and show that the difference between the two hardware versions is just the direction of polarization in the glass.
The Following User Says Thank You to earthtodigi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whowasthatguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtodigi View Post
Seriously? Does what I was saying not make sense to you?

If you can't see the screen when wearing polarized lenses, it could be because the polarization lines are running perpendicular to one another, therefore blocking out all of the light. If you turn the phone 90 degrees, it would then align the polarization lines, allowing you to see the screen. Just like the post above mine explained with the sunglasses at Walmart, it would likely be the same thing, and show that the difference between the two hardware versions is just the direction of polarization in the glass.
I got what you were saying, but screen orientation makes no difference with my sunglasses - I actually use my phone in landscape as much as in portrait. Viewing angle makes much more difference with my sunglasses - head on, I see nothing, but turn a few degrees to the side and it's fine.