Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP PORTING] Color OS Camera and Gallery

Tip us?

Aki07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [HELP PORTING] Color OS Camera and Gallery

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody port me the camera and photos app from COLOR OS of Oppo Find 5 so that I can make it default for CM 11 or OMNI rom. I find oppo camera n photos app(Gallery) much better than the defaults. I am not a developer nor have any experience in porting. If anybody could help it would really helpful for me and many other people out there. Please its a request.

Well is it possible to port from COLOR OS to kitkat ?
Thank you.

me0wth
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was wondering about this too recently and from what I found here and on oppoforums I can tell you that right now it's impossible due to closed source code / drivers for a camera and dependency on ColorOS kernel (I'm not a developer either, but that's how I understood it).
SO until Oppo releases source code for it, we stuck with default camera on custom roms.

I like ColorOS camera better too, takes way better pictures than Omni stock camera

anders3408
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by me0wth View Post
I was wondering about this too recently and from what I found here and on oppoforums I can tell you that right now it's impossible due to closed source code / drivers for a camera and dependency on ColorOS kernel (I'm not a developer either, but that's how I understood it).
SO until Oppo releases source code for it, we stuck with default camera on custom roms.

I like ColorOS camera better too, takes way better pictures than Omni stock camera

Porting it doesn't need any sourcecode. The closed sources is the apps and the camera hal. Porting camera and gallery without porting the whole rom will require several .smali hacking to remove dependice else it will need a lot other parts from color os.

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app

Aki07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders3408 View Post
Porting it doesn't need any sourcecode. The closed sources is the apps and the camera hal. Porting camera and gallery without porting the whole rom will require several .smali hacking to remove dependice else it will need a lot other parts from color os.

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app
So is there a chance that someone could port it to other ROM. Does anyone know any developer that would help us. If its possible then it will be great. Hoping that some one will take an initiative.

moln4r
Old
Thanks Meter 8
If its possible to port the stock camera app than i don't care if it needs files from coloros even if i have to flash 1GB of data i still flash it

tpboi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
anyone? there is a growing demand for this also due to all the new Oneplus One owner.
Nexus 4 & 5 & OnePlus One with Franco Kernel
Tags
camera, cm11, omni, oppo find 5, port