Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T Unlock

Tip us?

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2556

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by waranty92 View Post
I'm not getting answer of main question, can I flash custom rom or root Samsung SM-G900A and use it with any sim card even if it is blacklisted by AT&T
Blacklisting means the phone is lost, stolen or was not paid for completely. That means you can't use it on AT&T, and on any carriers that enforce a blacklist (most do in the US). It has nothing to do with custom ROMs or root.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

waranty92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
Blacklisting means the phone is lost, stolen or was not paid for completely. That means you can't use it on AT&T, and on any carriers that enforce a blacklist (most do in the US). It has nothing to do with custom ROMs or root.
I don't want to use it in US, it will be used in the different country, and my question is simple, can I unlock it to use in different country with different operator witch don't care if the phone is blacklisted by AT&T, i need the phone just accept new sim and work with it

AMOVS3S
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by waranty92 View Post
I don't want to use it in US, it will be used in the different country, and my question is simple, can I unlock it to use in different country with different operator witch don't care if the phone is blacklisted by AT&T, i need the phone just accept new sim and work with it
I think what he is trying to say is, in the case I have a blacklisted non-unlocked SM G900A, is there a way possible to use this phone with another SIM under a non US based carrier in a different country. Also what he is wondering is maybe this is possible through rooting? if not is there any way that this can be done if yes please help... Thank you for all the feedback!

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2556

DONATE TO ME
I don't think there's a way to do it through root. AT&T won't help you because it's blacklisted. You would need an eBay unlock service or something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

npp7495
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Last Protocol

I think MobileTechVideos.com is the final solution.
They are an affordable service with great solutions to mostly everything.

Press the thanks button if this helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to npp7495 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wirelessdimensionsnc
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 28th June 2014 at 03:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
no......and there is not a service that can "repair" the IMEI either......I "repair" IMEI quite a bit with a JTAG and the software will not work until there is a root available. You can however sell it in another country and it won't matter that it is blacklisted in the US. Unlocking the phone or rooting it won't do you any good in the US anyway since all companies have a joined blacklist now. If it's bad on one it's bad on all.

waranty92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I unlocked my phone with this http://www.getunlocked.com/ page and it worked, Thanks for atantion

abiotix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yes it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
If you ever want to modify your phone, I recommend returning during your 14 day trial period. Otherwise, you will be stuck with a worthless piece of junk. Although nobody has verified this yet, the SM-G900T (tmobile) appears to support the same bands but I need someone to test with a ATT SIM
I can verify the Att sim does in fact work with the "SM-G900T". I recently sim unlocked via "theunlockingcompany_._com" Worked perfect.

hackmod
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I purchased my phone outright And an AT&T agent gave me my unlock code right away with no questions asked. Was very simple. ..I might have gotten lucky though. Just saying

nightscreamer2014
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default can i unlock

Hello.i have a brand new SM G900A FROM AT&T.but i want to use another carriers sim.please help.i need this phone for work..so i could really use some good advise..thanks