Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Flaws of Ultimate Galaxy [S4 + Note 3 UI]

OP nitesh kanna

11th February 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Hi Bro @Thunder_Droid

Thank you for the excellent ROM. This, in my case, is my best found ROM in the forum. Thank you once again @Thunder_Droid . There are a few i wanted to inform u.

-> No Camera app for me after i install the ROM. When i tried to install the Patch 4.2 Camera app also, It's showing installed successfully in CWM Recovery But could not find anywhere later. My Biggest Problem Please help ASAP.

-> I think this is the pre-rooted one. But I am unable to see the root folder/files. "My Files" is showing only the sdcard0. Should i get a new file explorer ? Better it would be if u include ES file explorer in every ROM of urs.

-> I did not find the Xperia Keyboard anywhere. How to use it ?

-> I could flash the Camera 4.2 patch and 1GB Swap feature patch successfully in CWM Recovery but could not find the camera app and could not find swap memory later.

Minor Flaws :

1) Air Gesture works partially. Photos are able to move only in one direction[my hand from right to left]
1.1) When locked, Screen doesn't appear using air Gesture.
2) Index column in Contacts[A to Z in right of Contacts] - For example:Clicking on M shows names starting with J. And some letters are missing in my index though there are names with that letter in my contacts,ex: D,E,K,P
3) No Reboot option when power button pressed long. Only Power Off and Airplane Mode given.

fyi I am currently on kernel 3.4.79 . Previously on JB 4.1.2 with kernel 3.4.0 .
@Sdk_Zone ...Please suggest.
11th February 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 115
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesh kanna

Hi Bro @Thunder_Droid

Thank you for the excellent ROM. This, in my case, is my best found ROM in the forum. Thank you once again @Thunder_Droid . There are a few i wanted to inform u.

-> No Camera app for me after i install the ROM. When i tried to install the Patch 4.2 Camera app also, It's showing installed successfully in CWM Recovery But could not find anywhere later. My Biggest Problem Please help ASAP.

-> I think this is the pre-rooted one. But I am unable to see the root folder/files. "My Files" is showing only the sdcard0. Should i get a new file explorer ? Better it would be if u include ES file explorer in every ROM of urs.

-> I did not find the Xperia Keyboard anywhere. How to use it ?

-> I could flash the Camera 4.2 patch and 1GB Swap feature patch successfully in CWM Recovery but could not find the camera app and could not find swap memory later.

Minor Flaws :

1) Air Gesture works partially. Photos are able to move only in one direction[my hand from right to left]
1.1) When locked, Screen doesn't appear using air Gesture.
2) Index column in Contacts[A to Z in right of Contacts] - For example:Clicking on M shows names starting with J. And some letters are missing in my index though there are names with that letter in my contacts,ex: D,E,K,P
3) No Reboot option when power button pressed long. Only Power Off and Airplane Mode given.

fyi I am currently on kernel 3.4.79 . Previously on JB 4.1.2 with kernel 3.4.0 .
@Sdk_Zone ...Please suggest.

For the cam
i've already pm'ed u.

for keyboard
link r below
1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818442 by KristianKenneth
2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2196653 by Rizal Lovins
3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2342491 by ARNOB

n for flaws u need to contact dev..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sdk_Zone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdk_Zone

For the cam
i've already pm'ed u.

for keyboard
link r below
1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818442 by KristianKenneth
2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2196653 by Rizal Lovins
3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2342491 by ARNOB

n for flaws u need to contact dev..

And about the file explorer ? How can i access the root files ?
12th February 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 115
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesh kanna

And about the file explorer ? How can i access the root files ?

you need to use es file explorer, download from playstore

open es file explorer -> tap on menu -> tap on root explorer -> root menu will apear -> mount r/w -> select path & system from ro to rw -> ok
The Following User Says Thank You to Sdk_Zone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
camera not working in ultimate galaxy s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdk_Zone

For the cam
i've already pm'ed u.

for keyboard
link r below
1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818442 by KristianKenneth
2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2196653 by Rizal Lovins
3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2342491 by ARNOB

n for flaws u need to contact dev..

plz can u send me the camera patch link to download.

im facing serious problem with this..

thanks in advance.
4th July 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 115
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsr

plz can u send me the camera patch link to download.

im facing serious problem with this..

thanks in advance.

will please explain ur prob???..thanks ....but i cant understand what do u want..so please explain ur prob correctly...& yes which kernel u use? is that ur device out of box jb?
5th July 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
camera patch required
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdk_Zone

will please explain ur prob???..thanks ....but i cant understand what do u want..so please explain ur prob correctly...& yes which kernel u use? is that ur device out of box jb?


thanks for ur reply,
yes i'm using out of jb and i have rooted my phone n installed latest 4.2 rechoice kernal and recently i have flashed "ultimate galaxy s4" custom everything is fine but the major prob is camera is not working. it shows "can't connect to camera" wen i open d app so plz can u send me d camera patch for ultimate galaxy s4.. And the other patch which i downloaded with custom ROM zip file i.e for fixing lockscreen n music equalizer is not working properly..

plz help me out in dis??
5th July 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 115
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsr

thanks for ur reply,
yes i'm using out of jb and i have rooted my phone n installed latest 4.2 rechoice kernal and recently i have flashed "ultimate galaxy s4" custom everything is fine but the major prob is camera is not working. it shows "can't connect to camera" wen i open d app so plz can u send me d camera patch for ultimate galaxy s4.. And the other patch which i downloaded with custom ROM zip file i.e for fixing lockscreen n music equalizer is not working properly..

plz help me out in dis??

ahh...now i understand ur prob...but buddy the prob is in ur kernel not in ur cam or rom...all the out of box jb device need kernel with more supports...please use bindassboost kernel...link is below

thread link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2683095

hit the thanks button if i helped u................

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes