Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Android non-PDF Reader Apps for NST

Tip us?

NookST Student
Old
(Last edited by NookST Student; 1st June 2014 at 01:22 PM.) Reason: Spelling
Thanks Meter 1
I installed AlReader for pc .
Unfortunately it create a different file (.alm) not (.mrk) as on Nook.I am bit disappointed.

Anyway I thought of contacting the developer.But the entire forum is in Russian. I can read via Google Translator.

Anyone here who can request the developer in Russian or found any solution ?

My only hope is Ranate NST's Reader app

Thank you

keldi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The PC-version of AlReader isn't developing now, and it's not compatible with Android-version.

The only way to synchronize the highlights in AlReader to Computer is to install Android-emulator with AlReader app:

1. Install BlueStacks on PC.
2. Download AlReader-apk from official site and run it in BlueStacks.
3. Copy from your Nook:
- the files with books;
- the files .mrk: they only have the information what text in your book must be highlighted (without quick opening the fragment in book with this text);
- the file favorAR.db (from sdcard/AlReader or somewhere similar): this SQLite-database has information about bookmarks.
The path to the books and .mrk files in Android emulator must be the same as on your Nook (or you may edit the paths to books in favoAR.db).

After all, as a result, you have Android with AlReader on your PC (and may be it's possible sync it with AlReader on your Nook with something like dropsync). But it's not look like just having synchronization of highlights to some reader-program on PC, so it's up to you to decide is it worth to do or not.