Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] M919 Only Sync's To PC, But Doesn't Charge???

OP SH31KH

21st April 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 19

89 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDVN

Well, it's most likely a malfunction then my friend. A customer came into my store just the other day with his S5 he just purchased three days prior. The device was stuck on that S-View screen even when the S-View case was not covering the screen and even completely detached. We tried everything you can at a T-Mobile store. Even factory reset. Still, the problem persisted. It happens friend, hope you have insurance or JUMP

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

I don't have insurance..I'm going to wait to try out the wireless charger and take it from there. I might sell the phone to someone with the wireless charger. Will have to just wait and see lol.

Really appreciate your time and help!
10th June 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Li
Thanks Meter: 7

126 posts
More
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH31KH

I don't have insurance..I'm going to wait to try out the wireless charger and take it from there. I might sell the phone to someone with the wireless charger. Will have to just wait and see lol.

Really appreciate your time and help!

Are you still having this issue?

I am having the same issue, but this only happens when installing a rom. You cannot just reflash the stock rom. If you still have to phone, I can give you a link on what to down load to set your phone back to defaults. Once you set it back to defaults you should be fine.

My issue:

I installed any custom rom and this Tmobile Phone will not charge at all!!!!
Complete set back to Tmobile Defaults charges perfectly.

I will try flashing a custom Kernel with battery management to see if this help.
10th June 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 19

89 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesssfactor

Are you still having this issue?

I am having the same issue, but this only happens when installing a rom. You cannot just reflash the stock rom. If you still have to phone, I can give you a link on what to down load to set your phone back to defaults. Once you set it back to defaults you should be fine.

My issue:

I installed any custom rom and this Tmobile Phone will not charge at all!!!!
Complete set back to Tmobile Defaults charges perfectly.

I will try flashing a custom Kernel with battery management to see if this help.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up selling the phone to someone for a cheaper price. I tried to ODIN back to stock, however it didn't work. I'd still like to know why it would stop charging if a custom ROM was installed though.
Best of luck with your phone
5th July 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #14  
Flag Li
Thanks Meter: 7

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH31KH

Thanks for the reply. I ended up selling the phone to someone for a cheaper price. I tried to ODIN back to stock, however it didn't work. I'd still like to know why it would stop charging if a custom ROM was installed though.
Best of luck with your phone

I found my issue, it first came by my root method. I was using a method that wasn't designed for my model. Then the issue was recovery, again wrong type for model. Finally I got everything to work and I lost lte. to fix that I just added the LTE profile and it works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
motherboard, not charging, replaced, sync
Previous Thread Next Thread