Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M919 Only Sync's To PC, But Doesn't Charge???

Tip us?
 
SH31KH
Old
#11  
SH31KH's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 89
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mississauga

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDVN View Post
Well, it's most likely a malfunction then my friend. A customer came into my store just the other day with his S5 he just purchased three days prior. The device was stuck on that S-View screen even when the S-View case was not covering the screen and even completely detached. We tried everything you can at a T-Mobile store. Even factory reset. Still, the problem persisted. It happens friend, hope you have insurance or JUMP

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
I don't have insurance..I'm going to wait to try out the wireless charger and take it from there. I might sell the phone to someone with the wireless charger. Will have to just wait and see lol.

Really appreciate your time and help!
Please use the "THANKS" button if you found this helpful. Would appreciate it



Phone: M919
ROM: AOKP 4.4.2 Custom


 
thesssfactor
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 126
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH31KH View Post
I don't have insurance..I'm going to wait to try out the wireless charger and take it from there. I might sell the phone to someone with the wireless charger. Will have to just wait and see lol.

Really appreciate your time and help!
Are you still having this issue?

I am having the same issue, but this only happens when installing a rom. You cannot just reflash the stock rom. If you still have to phone, I can give you a link on what to down load to set your phone back to defaults. Once you set it back to defaults you should be fine.



My issue:

I installed any custom rom and this Tmobile Phone will not charge at all!!!!
Complete set back to Tmobile Defaults charges perfectly.

I will try flashing a custom Kernel with battery management to see if this help.
HTC EVO Sprint
HTV EVO View Tablet (htc flyer)
A stripper Pole

Check out how your MEID and ESN is generated by your CDMA carrier (Sprint Verizon)
 
SH31KH
Old
#13  
SH31KH's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 89
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mississauga

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesssfactor View Post
Are you still having this issue?

I am having the same issue, but this only happens when installing a rom. You cannot just reflash the stock rom. If you still have to phone, I can give you a link on what to down load to set your phone back to defaults. Once you set it back to defaults you should be fine.



My issue:

I installed any custom rom and this Tmobile Phone will not charge at all!!!!
Complete set back to Tmobile Defaults charges perfectly.

I will try flashing a custom Kernel with battery management to see if this help.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up selling the phone to someone for a cheaper price. I tried to ODIN back to stock, however it didn't work. I'd still like to know why it would stop charging if a custom ROM was installed though.
Best of luck with your phone
Please use the "THANKS" button if you found this helpful. Would appreciate it



Phone: M919
ROM: AOKP 4.4.2 Custom


 
thesssfactor
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 126
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH31KH View Post
Thanks for the reply. I ended up selling the phone to someone for a cheaper price. I tried to ODIN back to stock, however it didn't work. I'd still like to know why it would stop charging if a custom ROM was installed though.
Best of luck with your phone
I found my issue, it first came by my root method. I was using a method that wasn't designed for my model. Then the issue was recovery, again wrong type for model. Finally I got everything to work and I lost lte. to fix that I just added the LTE profile and it works.
HTC EVO Sprint
HTV EVO View Tablet (htc flyer)
A stripper Pole

Check out how your MEID and ESN is generated by your CDMA carrier (Sprint Verizon)
Tags
motherboard, not charging, replaced, sync
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes