Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sound Problems after KitKat update Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

Tip us?

christianstepnow
Old
(Last edited by christianstepnow; 16th April 2014 at 06:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Sound Problems after KitKat update Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

Hi everyone!

I am a newbie in this forum, but I really hope that you can help me.

I have the galaxy s4 gt-i9505. About 3 weeks ago I updated it via OTA to Kitkat 4.4.2, since than I have a lot of problems with my device!
Randomly the sounds stops working. No ringtone, no system sounds, no keypad tone not even the lock sceen tone. After a restart, everything works just fine again. But I have to restart the phone several times a day! After a while I also found out that if the sounds don't work, the phone also doesn't play videos, youtube or the music player. Again after a restart, everything works fine.

I was running the stock firmware from samsung I9505XXUFNC4, I have tried several factory resets, I have wiped the cache, I have re installed the software via odin. Nothing helped solving this problem.

I have now rooted the phone, put philz touch recovery on it, wiped the data, wiped the cache particion, wiped dalvik cache and formatted the system and installed the Omega_v28_XXUFNC9 rom. Everything is working fine, but still the same problem with the sound.

I really don't know what to do any more and would very much appreciate if someone could help me!!!

Please also tell me if you have heard about someone else having the same problem.

Many thanks in advance,

ifzaal305
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I`m also currently having the same problem, recently got an OTA update fot my I9505, after the updating, Im also experiencing the same problems as you are having. Did you solve this problem? and How? anyone please advise..