Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App request - stand alone alarm

Tip us?

adjenkins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default App request - stand alone alarm

I wonder has anyone else felt having a stand-alone alarm on the Gear Fit would be useful using vibration as a wake-up. I really enjoy using the watch as a wake-up device and I know you can set your phone to a silent alarm so it essentially wakes you up by the vibration. But sometimes my phone battery dies during the night or sometimes I want to set a quick day time alarm when I don't have my phone around. The timer I think only goes up to 99 minutes.
Maybe this is only strange to me but not having a built in alarm on the phone seems an oversight. I had the same issue with the Gear 1 and tried a few aftermarket apps such as Zen alarm but found on the phone they often didn't have the alert until hours after it was meant to.

I know these watches are companion devices to a phone but they do include some apps that make sense to have on the phone such as timer, pedometer etc. Always wonder why not an alarm as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to adjenkins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

admisi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Agree 100%

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Seronez
Old
(Last edited by Seronez; 15th June 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
the problem is, there are no real apps for gear fit only app connections that are in need of the phone to work.
So what you are suggesting with the standalone alarm won't work if your phone is not connected via bluetooth.
Maybe someday it will be possible to include apps in the firmware but i wouldn't wait for it.(since there isn't much free space)
Best way would be to tell samsung directly in boards or customer support or whatever if they could include a standalone alarm.

AstroDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Like they listen

elpedya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seronez View Post
the problem is, there are no real apps for gear fit only app connections that are in need of the phone to work.
So what you are suggesting with the standalone alarm won't work if your phone is not connected via bluetooth.
Maybe someday it will be possible to include apps in the firmware but i wouldn't wait for it.(since there isn't much free space)
Best way would be to tell samsung directly in boards or customer support or whatever if they could include a standalone alarm.

Good morning everyone. I also am interested in having the alarm on the Gear Fit, because as the partner says above, if we run out of battery in the phone, or even if the Bluetooth connection is lost no would sound us the alarm, and I see no logical we will put both mobile Vibrate as bracelet at a time.

That said I do not understand because if you can make a calculator application, or one in which the screen turns on and then torch, not to have to create multiple alarms. I'm not saying having a hundred but 2 or 3 alarms at a minimum I think is not much to ask.

I think it's the only thing missing from the bracelet. Anyone know where I can get environment or any program to program applications for Gear? I'm looking and looking to try to create an application and see if we can somehow create if only an alarm.

Regards and forgive the inconvenience.

euhnegro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up AGree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjenkins View Post
I wonder has anyone else felt having a stand-alone alarm on the Gear Fit would be useful using vibration as a wake-up. I really enjoy using the watch as a wake-up device and I know you can set your phone to a silent alarm so it essentially wakes you up by the vibration. But sometimes my phone battery dies during the night or sometimes I want to set a quick day time alarm when I don't have my phone around. The timer I think only goes up to 99 minutes.
Maybe this is only strange to me but not having a built in alarm on the phone seems an oversight. I had the same issue with the Gear 1 and tried a few aftermarket apps such as Zen alarm but found on the phone they often didn't have the alert until hours after it was meant to.

I know these watches are companion devices to a phone but they do include some apps that make sense to have on the phone such as timer, pedometer etc. Always wonder why not an alarm as well.
There should be a better timer and a better stopwatch!! they only go to 99 and that is pretty anoying. I'm thinking someone should also do one of those interval apps, the gear fit is perfect for it so you don't have to be carrying the galaxy device into the gym (which I hate). And of course a standalone alarm with multiple configurations, I can leave with setting it up in the device itself.