Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone added Flashlight to quick settings?

Tip us?

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelinksp View Post
I couldn't get it to work without the use of safestrap. Not to say it couldn't be done but I'm not sure. As you have to replace SecSettings.apk and SystemUI. Anytime I tried without flashing and just replacing all I did was bootloop. Safestrap saved me several times.
I'd really be interested if someone is able to get this working without flashing via SafeStrap. Or perhaps there's a way to push and overwrite the 2 files via ADB while in safestrap recovery? Thanks
Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64, Locked down like an iPhone HTC One M8 32+64 /S-off/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ Rom'd, Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64 Again (Thanks Geohot)

briantacker
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcnown View Post
I'd really be interested if someone is able to get this working without flashing via SafeStrap. Or perhaps there's a way to push and overwrite the 2 files via ADB while in safestrap recovery? Thanks
If you're in safe strap you might as well just flash the file.

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Flashlight.zip

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by briantacker View Post
If you're in safe strap you might as well just flash the file.
ROFL, touche'. Brain fart moment.
-Thanks
Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64, Locked down like an iPhone HTC One M8 32+64 /S-off/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ Rom'd, Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64 Again (Thanks Geohot)

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 138
FML, I should have known better. For the record. Flashing that .zip to the stock rom using SafeStrap will hose your phone. -Thanks

briantacker
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
FML, I should have known better. For the record. Flashing that .zip to the stock rom using SafeStrap will hose your phone. -Thanks
That's what I use the Rom slots for...You can try replacing the SystemUI.apk and SecSettings.apk with the originals.

lancelinksp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I used stock and it worked for me. Wip cache and dalvik reflash then reboot

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by briantacker View Post
That's what I use the Rom slots for...You can try replacing the SystemUI.apk and SecSettings.apk with the originals.
Yeaaah, hmmm, I don't intend to use SafeStrap with a rom slot until I can at least reboot/shutdown the phone without having to pull the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelinksp View Post
I used stock and it worked for me. Wip cache and dalvik reflash then reboot
Haha, it may have been 10 seconds after I began flashing the stock tar via odin, when I read your response. I'll try that this time. lol - Thanks

lancelinksp
Old
(Last edited by lancelinksp; 5th July 2014 at 07:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeaaah, hmmm, I don't intend to use SafeStrap with a rom slot until I can at least reboot/shutdown the phone without having to pull the battery.

Haha, it may have been 10 seconds after I began flashing the stock tar via odin, when I read your response. I'll try that this time. lol - Thanks
P.S. Before you flash the zip next time use the file manager in safestrap and rename your SystemUI.apk and SecSettings.apk to SystemUI.apk.bak and SecSettings.apk.bak the after you flash the zip wipe cache and dalvik and reboot. If for some reason it were to fail again you can just delete the ones that were installed using the zip and rename the old ones and that would keep you from having to odin. Make sure you rename the odex files and add .bak as well because the install script will remove them