Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

End of custom roms.......

Tip us?

HANDSY
Old
(Last edited by HANDSY; 5th July 2014 at 07:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 304
I too have noticed the shocking way in which devs are being treated and spoken to. From DSA's thread to recent Echo rom it's happening way too often. May I suggest that development threads opened by a developer are controlled fully by the OP. For example the Dev thread could be invitation only, users selected by the dev can only post, devs have the power to ban problematic users from posting. As DSA did a general thread for the same rom would be open and free for all to ask repetitive, pointless questions without polluting the dev thread. Just my suggestion.

Edit: When installing new software on pc you normally have to tick a box to say say that you have read all the Terms and conditions before proceeding with the installation. Could something similar be implemented regarding the reading of OP/FAQ /known bugs, issues etc. Once read and box ticked the user would then have access to the thread in full.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HANDSY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ice.modding
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Sorry my english but...
the end user is not interested (in most cases) in the time it takes to make a custom rom, or the people who were active in the project, or this or that thing. Mind that works well, it will last 10 million battery time: P, and is smooth, stable and endless etc ... WE SHOULD become conscious and know that all this delay, hours, days, weeks, test and error. Anyway ... I do not think it's the end of the custom roms, but if it shows little patience there then create a rom.

* this thread is the best! : P
who said peace... f*** off and die..
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/icetremens/Firmas/NationROM_zpse4d35d0a.jpg
[N]ation ROM available here

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
I'm contemplating reopening the thread...can't decide if its worth the hassle though!

You can still get my latest ROM from my website for now
The mods are on your side but simply cannot read every post by every childish noob/troll. Rather than responding to trolls who won't follow XDA guidelines by reading the OP & thread or using the search feature, just report their posts. In my experience, the mods are more than happy to delete non dev-related posts and will even contact and warn errant members if warranted. They just need to know who's causing the trouble, which is what the reporting feature is for.