Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anybody installed viper4android app in their 7a to improve the sound?

Tip us?

Swannsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Anybody installed viper4android app in their 7a to improve the sound?

Anyone manage to installed this app and make it work? I tried installing it but it didnt work in my 7a. Dont know if I download it correctly.

Thanks

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DroidSK
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I did but the sound was messed up. So I went back to CM DSP manager.

Installation itself was a bit of a pain. Just so you know the Viper4Android in the google play store is not supported by the Viper4Android team/person. With the google play version I also ran into issues with driver installation.

Download APK from the official source. See XDA forum link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223 and follow instructions mentioned therein. The zip file contains 2 APKs. Install the desired APK via sideload. There are no issues with driver installation when using this APK.

In any case output sound on Find7a is messed up. So save some trouble and install CM Apps DSP manager or Music FX. While the sound quality is not comparison to Viper it is better than the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidSK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Meisterqn
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I have it running under the actual Gummy Nightly.
I simply installed the kitkat apk, installed the super quality driver and made a reboot.
Alter reboot you have to choose viper as standard music effect in sound settings.
Per viper app you can play with the different options to improve your speakers or headphones.
I got no problems so far and the results are great. The speaker is loud and has bass again.

Sent from my Find7a using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Meisterqn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidSK
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How do I change the sound settings on the stock ColorOS ROM? I do not see explicit options to set app for sound effects.

Sent from my N550JV using Tapatalk

Meisterqn
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I think, viper mod will not work with Color OS. Someone tried that and got massive sound errors.
I think, the two engines are not compatible.

mattdufrene
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisterqn View Post
I have it running under the actual Gummy Nightly.
I simply installed the kitkat apk, installed the super quality driver and made a reboot.
Alter reboot you have to choose viper as standard music effect in sound settings.
Per viper app you can play with the different options to improve your speakers or headphones.
I got no problems so far and the results are great. The speaker is loud and has bass again.

What settings are you using? Can you post screen shots of them?

XpediencY
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Installed CW, rooted the phone...
Installed busybox in the playstore...
Installed V4A FX,
fails at installing drivers saying busybox does not work or incomplete root... Root works fine for other apps, and busybox seems to be installed correctly... Did anyone here figure it out?