[ROM] [TMO TW-4.4.2] [NB4] [3-15-14] WarpDrive 4.4 edition!

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
It means a bit of something, especially on large files, when I downloaded bloat package it cancelled download due to unstable WiFi so I had to down it again.

Then it is the WiFi network. That notification has never done anything to my actual connection. I also think there is a setting in the wifi advanced options for something pertaining to this.

Reactions: escknx

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
is there something about this rom you can tell me that stands out from all the other roms?

Are you serious? !?!
OK I'll tell ya...it's slim...slimmer than the cut of beef you paid to much for at your local grocery.
There is no theme it's as basic as it gets....You want a theme? You add it.
Missing something you use on a stock rom? It's in the bloatware package.. Also included in op.
No random reboots and no data drops.
No CIQ and no KNOX.
Use GPS? ....well if you notice it's a bit slow finding a satellite. . Get GPS fix from the market....it's that way becuz he removed the snooping spy ware from it that allows tmobile, Samsung from collecting data from you.
Still curious? ....well if your looking for more...like stuff that other people add to there roms due to the fact that you don't know how or its easier to pick multiple choices....This is not for you....keep looking.

Last edited:

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
Each and every rom is great in its own way...they're all different...they're custom...created by an artist with his/her own creative mind.
There isn't much to say about this rom becuz this artist didn't add...but subtracted....
He doesn't see a need to theme the crap out of it...or hype it up with bling bling.
Each and every one looks for something different....what he gave us here with this rom is less....less bloat. ..less bling....less....and with that being said....sometimes less is more.
Anyone that knows Elesbb's work knows he doesn't add.....He goes for basic and SLIM.

Last edited:

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
Each and every rom is great in its own way...they're all different...they're custom...created by an artist with his/her own creative mind.
There isn't much to say about this rom becuz this artist didn't add...but subtracted....
He doesn't see a need to theme the crap out of it...or hype it up with bling bling.
Each and every one looks for something different....what he gave us here with this rom is less....less bloat. ..less bling....less....and with that being said....sometimes less is more.
Anyone that knows Elesbb's work knows he doesn't add.....He goes for basic and SLIM.

TY! that :highfive: answered my question perfectly :)

Reactions: Shortbus-Driver

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Great job @elesbb really enjoying the ROM, super slim, fast, and smooth! I do have a question though and I know it's not a ROM issue, but does anyone know how to get rid of the random transition jitters when opening and exiting apps as well as in the interface? Happens on every KitKat ROM, international, T-Mobile, even when I was officially stock! Not a big deal but slightly annoying considering this is a very capable device and I didn't notice it on 4.3. Anyone have a clue or solution?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Do you mean settings> developer options in settings , transition animation turn off or faster :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks for the reply but nope, not I mean. I don't want to make them faster, I just want them to be smooth all the time, sometimes (too many times) it jitters or stutters, not sure what term to use

a103

Aug 12, 2010
Thanks for the reply but nope, not I mean. I don't want to make them faster, I just want them to be smooth all the time, sometimes (too many times) it jitters or stutters, not sure what term to use

I believe that's TW. However it's more on stock TW, custom ROMs are pretty smooth.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I believe that's TW. However it's more on stock TW, custom ROMs are pretty smooth.

Yeah I know but it didn't happen with touchwiz jellybean only with KitKat.. Aosp/cm don't have this problem which is a shame, its the only thing I don't like about KitKat touchwiz but I guess I'll have to deal with it

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
If what your talking about is the screen flickers...it does that on a lot of the KK roms...even on most the i9505 roms but it does seem to be a random thing.
I've been flashing a lot of roms this past 2 weeks and it may show up on a rom but then next time it doesn't.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
If what your talking about is the screen flickers...it does that on a lot of the KK roms...even on most the i9505 roms but it does seem to be a random thing.
I've been flashing a lot of roms this past 2 weeks and it may show up on a rom but then next time it doesn't.
I have only seen flickers when imputing something on a keyboard, but I think these were app issues that were fixed once apps were updated as I haven't come across this for a while. I think if you say a slight transition flicker it sounds more like what I'm taking about because the screen doesn't flicker, just the transition animation when opening and closing apps.. Could be smooth as butter when I close an app any given time, then the next time I close it flickers/stutters/jitters and feels like I'm using a 256mb single core device, and its a random thing. Again no disrespect to this ROM, I know it is a tw KitKat thing

marcel112

Try it and see...worse case ...bootloop. .flash a kernel for your device if bootlooped and should be fine .
I don't think you'll have any problems since I use international roms on my American device.

Really apriciated for your response.

My only fear is a brick... bootloops i could care less..

So i can use verizons version 17 then

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
I've been flashing roms since the sgs vibrant first came out and have had the vibrant, sgs 4G, S2, and this S4. ..and have never seen a true brick.

It is in my belief that just flashing roms will not true brick your "S"
These devices are as hardy as they come....don't drop it though :)

Last edited:
Reactions: marcel112

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WarpDrive 4.4.2 T-Mobile - Bringing the Galaxy to you!

FEATURES:
    - Odexed (Suposedly faster)
    - Volume keys enabled for lockscreen
    - Any widget on lockscreen
    - Allow any font to be used
    - Infinite widgets on lockscreen
    - Completely DEBLOATED! If you need something just ask :) I'll get it working!
    - Init.d support and tweaks
    - WarpDrive app and tweaks MUST ENABLE IN XPOSED
    - Xposed Support
    - WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth Tethering all work
    - KNOX Free
    - Allow any app to use the External Micro SD card
    - CarrierIQ removed
    - Pre-rooted
    - Busybox
    - Many more

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download :)
    2. Press thanks even donate if youre generous enough :p
    3. Backup using TitaniumBackup, and/or make a nandroid
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. WIPE YOUR DATA
    6. Did you remember to wipe your data?
    7. Have you factory reset yet? :)
    8. Install my ROM
    9. Reboot
    10. Profit :)

THANKS TO:
    - @ktoonsez for his awesome kernel
    - @rovo89 for his awesome Xposed framework :D
    - Jovy for his tethering info
    - Everyone here on XDA for the sharing of all their tweaks!

WHATS NOT WORKING:
    - So far everything is working as it should. I love it! Let me know if you have any issues.

TO DO?
    - More mods
    - More optimization (framework stuff)
    - Anything you guys request.

DOWNLOAD ATTACHED APK AND INSTALL IF YOU WANT THE CUSTOMIZATIONS!!!!

PLEASE CLICK THANKS! Even donations are HIGHLY appreciated. Us developers require a lot of time to work on these. I thank all you guys for the continued love :D

DOWNLOAD:
    WarpDrive T-Mobile 4.4.2 v1.0.1.zip AndroidFileHost
    MD5: 036834286b361ad26682b3881fdd2f62

WarpDrive T-Mobile 4.4.2 v1.0.1.zip Mega

BLOAT AROMA INSTALLER
    WarpDrive bloat installer
    CHANGELOG:
    3.17.14 v1.0.1
    - Fixed a bunch of issues
    - Added option to allow the volume keys to work on the lockscreen.

3.15.14 v1.0
    - Initial Release​
    Link has been removed. I fixed the mistakes in the lines. I appoligize for them im only human :p I will re-upload over the night to BOTH mega and androidfilehost so they should be ready and good in the morning. Really sorry about that guys. Weird how it worked for me. I don't remember seeing the last line the "thanks" line so that may have been why i thought it was fine. However, that is the VERY last line in the installation process. So if it stops there, it should still boot after installing.

But anyway, i'll upload over the night and everything should be good to go. I will continue to support this and come out with some more tweaks and hopefully more debloating.

And @Fenny thanks a bunch for helping everyone out with my sleepy issues :p
    thread lightly cleaned of criticism and the like...all members need to remember that when and if you try to flash anything, you take chances...

If you do not like something, exercise the privilege to move on, no one cares if you are leaving.