Originally Posted by ooogabooogaman
Alright, so I didn't try the toolkit yet, but I got a bit more into my phone. I switched usb cables, causing it for ODIN 3.08 to finally recognize my phone. I put it into download mode, and I downloaded the stock ROM for my exact phone model (SCH-I545 Verizon). I put it in the AP section on ODIN and hit start. This is the result every time.
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
It does that every time. Also, when I load up my phone now, it says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again. When i connect my phone to Kies, its stuck there forever trying to read what type of device it is. Can anybody help me ASAP? Thanks
I found a video on this:
Credits to zhubair
His video is not so clear, but here is what you do
1. Open Odin
2. Take battery out then plug USB cable in
3. There should be a task bar balloon that pops up, saying something about drivers. Click on it.
4. Check the box that says PDA, click on the PDA button, then find the cwm recovery zip for ur device
5. Wait for the green status bar
6. When ur device has the logo appear, wait for about 5 seconds just in case then unplug it
7. Insert battery, then enter download mode
8 Minimise Odin then wait for the driver software information window that says ur device is ready to use to appear (IF IT APPEARED EARLIER YOU CAN CLOSE IT)
9. Open kies then Tools-Firmware upgrade and installation
10. Enter the details it tells you to (Find it behind ur battery, you can take it out)
11. Then it will have a window saying the correct stock rom.
12. Search it up on google then download. ( Remember to close all kies processes in task manager)
13. Close Odin then open again.
14. Check and click PDA then choose the rom you just downloaded
15. Wait until the log says finished!
Phew, lots of deciphering! (This is the price of helping people lol, still it's my pleasure.)
Hit thanks if it helped!