FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,407 Vote(s)
63.98%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

361 Vote(s)
16.42%
I don't know.

431 Vote(s)
19.60%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,430 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,840

Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2014, 05:30 PM |#13831  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmortalbg

How to check/change file system of my android phone and my sdcard from android? (my phone is galaxy s4 and its not rooted). This is basic information that I expect to have every self respecting OS, what do you think ?

it is quite simple, no root = no acces to system files. if you were rooted you could acces and change system files as you like with a file manager, like ES file explorer.

another option could be, downloading the official firmware you are using and unpacking it somehow with pc to change system files or apps or anything else you want if you have the knowledge to do so. to edit system files on pc, notepad ++ is recommended.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBar1

Just started doing this yesterday,

Says "Cannot play (track name). Skipped ahead. All in a orange box with no error code

Trying to play a album I uploaded to Google music, I'll hit play on the first track, have a loading arrow in a circle spinning, then goes to the next track... It does it to the first 3 tracks, plays the next couple and skips more songs???

people can help you better if you provide more info about:

what device you have?
rooted or not?
custom kernel or stock kernel?
custom rom or stock rom?

5th July 2014, 05:46 PM |#13832  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyyedfardeen

I am using Lava iris 406Q since 1 month & i have to remove system apps without Root. So, I am using following link for it..:-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2058944

But When I Try to Run it. & I got "e: signature verification failed" Message. So, Help me Out for this...

Thank you in Advance....

i think you have to sign the zip after you have changed the updater script and repacked it.

if you dont know how to do that download sign-em.zip and check the readme.txt for instructions

hope it helps
5th July 2014, 06:02 PM |#13833  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@MaHo_66

It's a Google music problem because it does the same thing on my PC...but I have a nexus 4 stock 4.4.4,
5th July 2014, 06:17 PM |#13834  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkdGab

This is a common error, this happen to me when I was trying out my first nandroid restore. What to do is download another rom, or the stock rom then factory reset then wipe dalvik cache then flash it.

If you have a backup use it over new rom

Can you help me out on how to flash it? My computer and ODIN won't read my phone at all, I also tried Kies. I do have the stock ROM downloaded on my computer
5th July 2014, 06:54 PM |#13835  
Flag Patna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:

NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][hide][IMG]https://img.xda-cdn.com/Z7Q8ZYrO1DZidF5YIk63BYqvkp4=/https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F41066660%2FNewbie%2520Thread%2520Sign.gif[/IMG][/hide][/URL]

this post did not only took me to right direction but also did great help to me you guys are awesome and hard working

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBar1

Just started doing this yesterday,

Says "Cannot play (track name). Skipped ahead. All in a orange box with no error code

Trying to play a album I uploaded to Google music, I'll hit play on the first track, have a loading arrow in a circle spinning, then goes to the next track... It does it to the first 3 tracks, plays the next couple and skips more songs???

it seems that there is some problem with Google music try updating to latest version or reinstall... this should work because i too had same problem with Google music .
5th July 2014, 07:00 PM |#13836  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyNL

I successfully unlocked the bootloader of my Huawei G510 0100 with fastboot.
When I try to unlock it again it says that the bootloader is unlocked.
But when I try to access the bootloader it gives me a pink/purple screen (locked bootloader)
How can I fix this? I can't access the bootloader to reflash the bootloader.

Please help me. ;_;

Bump.
5th July 2014, 09:22 PM |#13837  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66

it is quite simple, no root = no acces to system files. if you were rooted you could acces and change system files as you like with a file manager, like ES file explorer.

another option could be, downloading the official firmware you are using and unpacking it somehow with pc to change system files or apps or anything else you want if you have the knowledge to do so. to edit system files on pc, notepad ++ is recommended.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

people can help you better if you provide more info about:

what device you have?
rooted or not?
custom kernel or stock kernel?
custom rom or stock rom?

ОК I dont want to change the file system - I just want to check what is it (fat32, ntfs, ext3, ext4 and so on)? - HOW (its extremely hard question I have tried everything)
5th July 2014, 09:48 PM |#13838  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooogabooogaman

Can you help me out on how to flash it? My computer and ODIN won't read my phone at all, I also tried Kies. I do have the stock ROM downloaded on my computer

Do you have clockworkmod? Flash it from there, if not, put your phone into odin mode and try that. Any more issuses and report back here. If the worst comes, you might have to take it to a repair centre.

I do not use samsung, but try mskip's tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678634
5th July 2014, 09:49 PM |#13839  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav

Go into CWM Recovery and make a NAndroid backup. Include all your partitions except for Cache.
Copy that backup somewhere safe. Before installing a new Rom, always make a backup. I backup everything except for cache.

I understand what you're saying. However, if I turn off the device the rom ans settings r gone. How can I bypass turning device off ? Am I able to flash rom + gapps then backup then reboot ?
The Following User Says Thank You to iVoSiK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iVoSiK Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 12:32 AM |#13840  
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVoSiK

I understand what you're saying. However, if I turn off the device the rom ans settings r gone. How can I bypass turning device off ? Am I able to flash rom + gapps then backup then reboot ?

i never tried doing it like that, but i dont see any reason that wouldnt work.
after you flash the rom and gapps, dont reboot, navigate to the backup tab and make your backup.
the recovery shouldnt be forcing you to reboot after the flash, so i dont see why you cant go straight to backup.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooogabooogaman

try to find some newer drivers, or possibly just some different ones. if its not recognizing your phone, either its a driver issue, your phone software is badly damaged (this usually isnt fixable), or its an issue with your pc.

i have seen before, no matter what was tried the phone couldnt be recognized, changed to another pc and everything was fine.
if none of that works, you may need to look into a new phone.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmortalbg

How to check/change file system of my android phone and my sdcard from android? (my phone is galaxy s4 and its not rooted). This is basic information that I expect to have every self respecting OS, what do you think ?

i cant really answer your question directly but,
i dont see the point of check/change the file system of the phone. it has to be what it has to be in order for the phone to work. if it can work on multiple formats, im not aware of it.
as for the sd card, as far as i know, its always fat32 stock. i have read some post on partitioning and changing the format on some or possibly all of it (i dont recall), but you would only do that for a specific purpose or mod. i believe if you change it off fat32 for general stock use it wont work.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad990

logcat via Terminal emulator? is it possible?if yes what to key in?

sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but there are some nice logcat apps on the play store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bweN diorD Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 04:38 AM |#13841  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkdGab

Do you have clockworkmod? Flash it from there, if not, put your phone into odin mode and try that. Any more issuses and report back here. If the worst comes, you might have to take it to a repair centre.

I do not use samsung, but try mskip's tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678634

Alright, so I didn't try the toolkit yet, but I got a bit more into my phone. I switched usb cables, causing it for ODIN 3.08 to finally recognize my phone. I put it into download mode, and I downloaded the stock ROM for my exact phone model (SCH-I545 Verizon). I put it in the AP section on ODIN and hit start. This is the result every time.
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
It does that every time. Also, when I load up my phone now, it says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again. When i connect my phone to Kies, its stuck there forever trying to read what type of device it is. Can anybody help me ASAP? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)