Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?
Yes, it was very helpful to me. 812 64.44%
No, I didn't feel it helped me. 197 15.63%
I don't know. 251 19.92%
Voters: 1260. You may not vote on this poll

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Tip us?

iVoSiK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav View Post
Go into CWM Recovery and make a NAndroid backup. Include all your partitions except for Cache.
Copy that backup somewhere safe. Before installing a new Rom, always make a backup. I backup everything except for cache.
I understand what you're saying. However, if I turn off the device the rom ans settings r gone. How can I bypass turning device off ? Am I able to flash rom + gapps then backup then reboot ?
The Following User Says Thank You to iVoSiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVoSiK View Post
I understand what you're saying. However, if I turn off the device the rom ans settings r gone. How can I bypass turning device off ? Am I able to flash rom + gapps then backup then reboot ?
i never tried doing it like that, but i dont see any reason that wouldnt work.
after you flash the rom and gapps, dont reboot, navigate to the backup tab and make your backup.
the recovery shouldnt be forcing you to reboot after the flash, so i dont see why you cant go straight to backup.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooogabooogaman View Post
Can you help me out on how to flash it? My computer and ODIN won't read my phone at all, I also tried Kies. I do have the stock ROM downloaded on my computer
try to find some newer drivers, or possibly just some different ones. if its not recognizing your phone, either its a driver issue, your phone software is badly damaged (this usually isnt fixable), or its an issue with your pc.

i have seen before, no matter what was tried the phone couldnt be recognized, changed to another pc and everything was fine.
if none of that works, you may need to look into a new phone.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmortalbg View Post
How to check/change file system of my android phone and my sdcard from android? (my phone is galaxy s4 and its not rooted). This is basic information that I expect to have every self respecting OS, what do you think ?
i cant really answer your question directly but,
i dont see the point of check/change the file system of the phone. it has to be what it has to be in order for the phone to work. if it can work on multiple formats, im not aware of it.
as for the sd card, as far as i know, its always fat32 stock. i have read some post on partitioning and changing the format on some or possibly all of it (i dont recall), but you would only do that for a specific purpose or mod. i believe if you change it off fat32 for general stock use it wont work.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad990 View Post
logcat via Terminal emulator? is it possible?if yes what to key in?
sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but there are some nice logcat apps on the play store.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ooogabooogaman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkdGab View Post
Do you have clockworkmod? Flash it from there, if not, put your phone into odin mode and try that. Any more issuses and report back here. If the worst comes, you might have to take it to a repair centre.

I do not use samsung, but try mskip's tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678634
Alright, so I didn't try the toolkit yet, but I got a bit more into my phone. I switched usb cables, causing it for ODIN 3.08 to finally recognize my phone. I put it into download mode, and I downloaded the stock ROM for my exact phone model (SCH-I545 Verizon). I put it in the AP section on ODIN and hit start. This is the result every time.
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
It does that every time. Also, when I load up my phone now, it says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again. When i connect my phone to Kies, its stuck there forever trying to read what type of device it is. Can anybody help me ASAP? Thanks

KkdGab
Old
(Last edited by KkdGab; 6th July 2014 at 06:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooogabooogaman View Post
Alright, so I didn't try the toolkit yet, but I got a bit more into my phone. I switched usb cables, causing it for ODIN 3.08 to finally recognize my phone. I put it into download mode, and I downloaded the stock ROM for my exact phone model (SCH-I545 Verizon). I put it in the AP section on ODIN and hit start. This is the result every time.
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
It does that every time. Also, when I load up my phone now, it says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again. When i connect my phone to Kies, its stuck there forever trying to read what type of device it is. Can anybody help me ASAP? Thanks
I found a video on this:
http://youtu.be/GbAJH_mL6N4
Credits to zhubair

His video is not so clear, but here is what you do

1. Open Odin
2. Take battery out then plug USB cable in
3. There should be a task bar balloon that pops up, saying something about drivers. Click on it.
4. Check the box that says PDA, click on the PDA button, then find the cwm recovery zip for ur device
5. Wait for the green status bar
6. When ur device has the logo appear, wait for about 5 seconds just in case then unplug it
7. Insert battery, then enter download mode
8 Minimise Odin then wait for the driver software information window that says ur device is ready to use to appear (IF IT APPEARED EARLIER YOU CAN CLOSE IT)
9. Open kies then Tools-Firmware upgrade and installation
10. Enter the details it tells you to (Find it behind ur battery, you can take it out)
11. Then it will have a window saying the correct stock rom.
12. Search it up on google then download. ( Remember to close all kies processes in task manager)
13. Close Odin then open again.
14. Check and click PDA then choose the rom you just downloaded
15. Wait until the log says finished!

Phew, lots of deciphering! (This is the price of helping people lol, still it's my pleasure.)

Hit thanks if it helped!

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Is there anyway to convert an image jpg to a .bin image on android....? I have no access to a pc and wanna make a few boot logos... Thank you kindly for any input...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

robertcorbin42112
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Flashify from play market

Sent from my N9520 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcorbin42112 View Post
Flashify from play market

Sent from my N9520 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm not trying to flash anything yet just need to make the .bin image for the boot logo to put in a flashable zip

bcrucean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hello

hello, i have an android phone and would like to design a custom rom for it since the out-of-box rom it came with is crappy. I will even pay someone to design a custom rom. Please help? The phone is ALLVIEW P6 Life.

Thank you

KkdGab
Old
(Last edited by KkdGab; 6th July 2014 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Hey, Just search up how to make custom ROM on the forums. There's this Gud one but I forgot its name. I can make you one, just send me ur stock rom.

Reply if u want to know how

EDIT: Maybe next time, I'm busy

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using XDA Free mobile app

willyb3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will root be available for the verizon galaxy note 2 4.3 be available anytime soon. I'm on vruand3. Or is downgrading possible to unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

I've done a great deal of searching these forums and can't find a cut and dry answer. Will root be available for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 running 4.3 on vruand3. Or, can you downgrade to unlock the bootloader. I really miss having a sweet rom installed and don't mind donating. Verizon sent out a small update that changed the baseband to vruand3 . I lost my soft root. And can't use the simple root apps anymore. Any suggestions would be great.

Tags
beginner, confused, guidance, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers