Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4.2 [10.5.A.0.230][XZR] - Full Review !

Tip us?

Dr.Den
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John98Zakaria View Post
The Stronges battery i've ever seen
Totally agree
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Den For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nbrian2012
Old
(Last edited by nbrian2012; 27th June 2014 at 09:20 AM.) Reason: Added Screenshots
Thanks Meter 141
I flashed this just last evening and got amazing results. I was very disappointed with the UI lag, even enabling Force GPU Rendering didn't help at first. I rebooted twice after the initial startup and still. I rebooted the 3rd time just now and it worked! The UI feels smoother than ever (not as smooth as 4.3) and usable. The only annoyances is the notification drawer is not so smooth, the lockscreen bug where you swipe to unlock and wait for 2-3 seconds for the homescreen to show up and the camera where it takes 2-3 seconds to start and 2-3 seconds to open the menu.

Battery life is much better, compared to what people are complaining on the Z/ZL/ZR forums. I'll post results soon. I'm not using it so much because of my exams, but I think the hard usage which is posted in the OP is just like mine. So the OP poster can add my battery stats to the OP, which is minimal usage.

Edit:

I'm not a calling person, though, so I don't have stats for calling. I'm usually a hard-user because I play 'Asphalt 8' and 'Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff' a lot. But for a change this is what I could get. Add this to the OP @DoO37
Brian Nazareth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PuppyNaz
Google+: https://gplus.to/bnazareth21
Devices Owned:
Sony Xperia ZR C5502 2014-present (Main) | Unrooted-Stock 10.5.A.0.230-BE2 Saved
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 2014-present (Secondary) | Rooted-CM11 Nightlies-CM Kernel
Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 2012-2014 (Retired) | Rooted-Dhiru's CM11 and Kernel
Nokia N86 8MP 2010-2011 (Motherboard broke from the inside, fell from 3 floors)
Nokia N81 8GB 2008-2010 (Screen Damaged) (First phone)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nbrian2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DoO37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrian2012 View Post
I flashed this just last evening and got amazing results. I was very disappointed with the UI lag, even enabling Force GPU Rendering didn't help at first. I rebooted twice after the initial startup and still. I rebooted the 3rd time just now and it worked! The UI feels smoother than ever (not as smooth as 4.3) and usable. The only annoyances is the notification drawer is not so smooth, the lockscreen bug where you swipe to unlock and wait for 2-3 seconds for the homescreen to show up and the camera where it takes 2-3 seconds to start and 2-3 seconds to open the menu.

Battery life is much better, compared to what people are complaining on the Z/ZL/ZR forums. I'll post results soon. I'm not using it so much because of my exams, but I think the hard usage which is posted in the OP is just like mine. So the OP poster can add my battery stats to the OP, which is minimal usage.
The problem that i can't post normal/lite usage is that i'm a hard battery user all the time..
So if you can post some screenshots for your battery usage, i'll add it to OP for sure
Don't Hesitate to Hit The THANKS Button If My Post Helped You
Device : Xperia ZR
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoO37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nbrian2012
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Just installed the latest Google Play Services. Hope it helps everyone who's facing battery drain problems. If it doesn't, I really suggest you guys do a full internal memory wipe. I'm facing no battery drains, even before installing Google Play Services.
Brian Nazareth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PuppyNaz
Google+: https://gplus.to/bnazareth21
Devices Owned:
Sony Xperia ZR C5502 2014-present (Main) | Unrooted-Stock 10.5.A.0.230-BE2 Saved
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 2014-present (Secondary) | Rooted-CM11 Nightlies-CM Kernel
Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 2012-2014 (Retired) | Rooted-Dhiru's CM11 and Kernel
Nokia N86 8MP 2010-2011 (Motherboard broke from the inside, fell from 3 floors)
Nokia N81 8GB 2008-2010 (Screen Damaged) (First phone)
The Following User Says Thank You to nbrian2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BobLC
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoO37 View Post
The problem that i can't post normal/lite usage is that i'm a hard battery user all the time..
So if you can post some screenshots for your battery usage, i'll add it to OP for sure
Here is mine, on the stock 4.4.2 rooted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-09-16-26-01.png
Views:	195
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	2820461  
XPeria ZR C5503 - Stock 10.4.B.0.569, rooted and Dual Recovery
Disable Charging Led XPosed Module
The Following User Says Thank You to BobLC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DoO37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLC View Post
Here is mine, on the stock 4.4.2 rooted.
Impressive !!
Added to OP
Don't Hesitate to Hit The THANKS Button If My Post Helped You
Device : Xperia ZR

nikhilkaushik
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Thumbs up Battery drain solved.

I installed xposed framework, downloaded a module which is not available in the repository of Xposed, named as wakelock terminator. Added it in xposed, activated it and restarted it. Then added google play services in the terminator and restarted again. The problem got solved.
Then later I installed Google play services 5.0 and removed the google play services from wakelock detector and uninstalled the wakelock detector.

Finally synopses :- I am on latest google play services and google search and no wakelocks and battery drain issues.

Press thanks button if you think I helped.....
The Following User Says Thank You to nikhilkaushik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avik735
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoO37 View Post

Xperia ZR
Android 4.4.2 Review
-----------------

Can't move/delete anything from the external SD Card using third party file managers
FIX requires root : Install Xposed Framework, and install module called "Handle External Storage"

I have TBP, and it gives an error while saving Backup as insufficient storage. The Backup Folder says it's not writable. Is this gonna fix that?

John98Zakaria
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Something very new to add the update adds dualshock 4 support on 4.3 dualshock wouldn't connect at all
Also about the pics until now I haven't met my friend with the 4.3 to do a good comparison
Hit If my comment Helped you