Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MDR NC31E - alternatives?

OP [w]

11th June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
Is the Z2 compatible with any other noise cancelling earphones besides the MDR NC31E?
I picked up a pair of these seperately (with the option to return). They are pretty nice so far (still wanting to test in noisier env) but @ $70 +tax i feel like i want to compare other alternatives...
12th June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 249

654 posts
the MDR-NC31E's are special because they themselves aren't noise canceling, they just have built in microphones, and the Z2 does the noise cancellation. Other noise canceling headphones have the technology built into the headphones themselves, and are universally compatible as long as it has a 3.5mm jack.
12th June 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 67

323 posts
More
Could be working on Headphones which have Stereo Microphone ... But I've never heard about Stereo Microphone Headsets before ...
This might only change if Sonys Technology gets copied by other Vendors ... Would be great, cause it makes this technology open to the masses and much cheaper, while you can still choose to use the same headphones without NC.
12th June 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1000

the MDR-NC31E's are special because they themselves aren't noise canceling, they just have built in microphones, and the Z2 does the noise cancellation. Other noise canceling headphones have the technology built into the headphones themselves, and are universally compatible as long as it has a 3.5mm jack.

yeah i guess that was my real question, if there were other vendors out there making earphones with stereo mics. on the ears no less heh.
fat chance of that i guess.
2nd July 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 156

349 posts
More
Bose quietcomfort 15 is the way to go if you live headphones with noise canceling.
6th July 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Davao City
Thanks Meter: 207

685 posts
Donate to Me
More
unfortunately my Z2 doesn't comes with the noise cancelling headset and just the regular cheap low-quality headset, any alternatives or any specific models you can recommend?
6th July 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 785

1,054 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrearierJester1

unfortunately my Z2 doesn't comes with the noise cancelling headset and just the regular cheap low-quality headset, any alternatives or any specific models you can recommend?

Sony MH1C is a great headset if you don"t mind noise cancelling.
6th July 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #8  
Flag Davao City
Thanks Meter: 207

685 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge

Sony MH1C is a great headset if you don"t mind noise cancelling.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually came across with this one. Hopefully the Mic will work. Its a Razer Hammerhead Pro In-ear Headset for Gaming and Music.

Source: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audi...hammerhead-pro

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mdr nc31e earphone noise cancelling
Previous Thread Next Thread