Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shut Up Galaxy!

Tip us?

lirong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Shut Up Galaxy!

I am having a strange problem.

Its minor, but its problematic as it happens in the middle of business meetings, etc.

Infrequently, my phone will randomly speak in a very loud tone and say something that sounds like "and finished."

At first I thought it might be from a 7 minute workout app malfunctioning, as that was the only speaking app I use.

I uninstalled that, but this still happens...once every several days, out of nowhere.

Any ideas how I can identify/fix this?

lalec
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirong View Post
I am having a strange problem.

Its minor, but its problematic as it happens in the middle of business meetings, etc.

Infrequently, my phone will randomly speak in a very loud tone and say something that sounds like "and finished."

At first I thought it might be from a 7 minute workout app malfunctioning, as that was the only speaking app I use.

I uninstalled that, but this still happens...once every several days, out of nowhere.

Any ideas how I can identify/fix this?
You might possibly use an app that monitors wakelocks (e.g., BetterBatteryStats or Wakelock Detector) to help narrow in on what is causing your phone to come out of idle state to say whatever it is saying.

lirong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalec View Post
You might possibly use an app that monitors wakelocks (e.g., BetterBatteryStats or Wakelock Detector) to help narrow in on what is causing your phone to come out of idle state to say whatever it is saying.
I actually think I've identified the cause.
I think somehow my phone was switched to driving mode, and I think that was the issue.