Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quickcharge 2.0 Chargers

Tip us?

whmcal
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmpampis View Post
I've bought this one BlackBerry Playbook internationaler Hocheffizienz-Reiselader (5V, 2A) von Blackberry http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004XKG7NM/r..._A68Rtb1NG67TT
OK it's not a quick charger 2.0 but it charges the phone from 13% to full in 1h 30m!

Tspatalked with my (refrigerator look) HTC One_M8!
I've been using my blackberry playbook charger and it does the job in just over an hour. Never seen a phone charge so fast! No overheating either.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chris_c81
Old
(Last edited by Chris_c81; 1st July 2014 at 09:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
Looks like a standard 5V 2A charger. Have you measured it against another 2A charger to see if it's quicker? Trying to work out what's different.

By the way, the difference between this and QuickCharge 2.0 is 4 volts. Quick Charge 2.0 will deliver 9v 2a. So technically should be quicker then this PlayBook charger.

I believe the HTC bundled charger is actually a Quick Charge 1.0 compatible (1.5A) charger. Quick Charge 2.0 however is disabled at present. So apparently we won't be able to make use of any Quick Charge 2.0 chargers until a software update is sent out by HTC, as there is a chip integrated in to the wall charger which works in tandem with the Qualcomm Snapdragon chip in the M8 for the feature to work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DjeMBeY
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6352

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
I think I heard a full charge in 45min

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Hehe, you wish!! Official statement from Qualcomm is: "3300mAh battery 0-60% in 30min" but after that is slowing down to protect battery from overheating... So I would say 0-100% in 1hr.. Still damn fast! 9V can make the difference...

Source: http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/b...20-has-arrived

Sent from my C6903
<><><><><><><><><><> NOTE: I do NOT respond to any technical Support through PM's. <><><><><><><><><><>
The Following User Says Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
I'd rather the future phones have qi charging. HTC could still do metal but perhaps a plastic inlay to accommodate a coil.

sent from my sm-9005.