Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Internal Storage Full - Tried averything, accomplished nothing

Tip us?

SIMPLEFBB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] [HELP] Internal Storage Full - Tried averything, accomplished nothing

Hey guys

Since recently, at my Lenovo S820, the Internal Storage Full error is appearing and it seems that I can't do anything to fix it. My internal storage is 2,14 GB (my USB Storage is 1,6 GB and my external sd is 32 GB). I have also noticed that if the internal space is less than 50 MB, some of the phone's processes aren't behaving as they're supposed to, and I can't download anything from the Playstore.

So far I have tried:

- Moving nearly all apps to sd (even facebook and youtube)
- Deleting the \data\tombstones folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the \data\log_other_temp folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the Media Storage data aprox. every 12 hours
- Deleting cache
- Deleting many unwanted files as mentioned in SD Maid app
- Deleting unwanted apps in \system\app

I've done all the above and keep doing them non-stop and I barely make it with 51 mb of internal space (media storage deleted). I just can't seem to find out how the internal space gets full. The other day I moved the keyboard app I use to sd which took 80 mb of space, so I thought the problem was solved, but a few days after the internal storage was FULL again.

Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Theo

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLEFBB View Post
Hey guys

Since recently, at my Lenovo S820, the Internal Storage Full error is appearing and it seems that I can't do anything to fix it. My internal storage is 2,14 GB (my USB Storage is 1,6 GB and my external sd is 32 GB). I have also noticed that if the internal space is less than 50 MB, some of the phone's processes aren't behaving as they're supposed to, and I can't download anything from the Playstore.

So far I have tried:

- Moving nearly all apps to sd (even facebook and youtube)
- Deleting the \data\tombstones folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the \data\log_other_temp folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the Media Storage data aprox. every 12 hours
- Deleting cache
- Deleting many unwanted files as mentioned in SD Maid app
- Deleting unwanted apps in \system\app

I've done all the above and keep doing them non-stop and I barely make it with 51 mb of internal space (media storage deleted). I just can't seem to find out how the internal space gets full. The other day I moved the keyboard app I use to sd which took 80 mb of space, so I thought the problem was solved, but a few days after the internal storage was FULL again.

Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Theo

Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

droidshan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Theo
you might have moved apps to ur external memory but the data might be still in the internal memory. like : whatsapp hav its folder in the internal memory whatsapp folder.did you searched for that? you can also try cleanmaster to get an overview of memory consumed by apps.

SIMPLEFBB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidshan View Post
you might have moved apps to ur external memory but the data might be still in the internal memory. like : whatsapp hav its folder in the internal memory whatsapp folder.did you searched for that? you can also try cleanmaster to get an overview of memory consumed by apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard
Thanks a lot guys! I used Clean Master and I was able to see what was eating up memory! Now I'm gonna try clearing dalvik --> Is it sure that if I clear dalvik no apps will be harmed in any way?

Thanks a lot again!

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks a lot guys! I used Clean Master and I was able to see what was eating up memory! Now I'm gonna try clearing dalvik --> Is it sure that if I clear dalvik no apps will be harmed in any way?

Thanks a lot again!

Apps won't be harmed by cleaning the dalvik cache.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

Swagthoo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default filled internal storage

if the device doesnt have an sd card slo i reccomend just getting a usb otg cable and sticking a usb through the port.

camilledeparis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy What is the "dalvik" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
I have exactly the same problems. How should I proceed? First, I have to uninstall all my apps? and then clear the cache + install Clean Master. I don't understand what is "dalvik cache"? What should I do?
Many thanks in advance for your answer....

Tags
full, internal, lenovo, space, storage