Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OMG, Why Hasn't T-Mobile Released Android "L" yet

Tip us?

TheLastSidekick
Old
(Last edited by TheLastSidekick; 6th July 2014 at 05:54 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1929

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
I had read that the exploit used by towelroot has been patched on all kernels dated after June 6.
I'm late but that's not the case. Nexus 5 at least had an update to a kernel past June 6th to 4.4.4 and the exploit is still unpatched. Some devices may have it merged or not but rest assured this will be patched by July's end. This will certainly not work on L when you guys get pushed AOSP to state the obvious. Here's to hoping you guys don't get an official update that breaks root.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.
Team Inferno (Co-admin)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5195

DONATE TO ME
I doubt we will get an update like that, though I won't discount the possibility. If what ive heard is correct (and I have no reason to believe its not), Samsung sent T-Mobile the final build for our updates weeks ago. Just for whatever reason they seem to just be sitting on it. Its not like T-Mobile to do something like that, but considering we were usually the first or second to get updates on the S3, and just about every other variant has been updated, I dont see any other viable explanation.

In the AT&T forums, a couple of the Canadian carriers (Rogers and Fido I think) got another kk update from NE6 to NF2 a couple days ago. Those who updated are reporting Towelroot and Framaroot no longer work.

Not that it matters too much for us here though. Our bootloaders are not locked so we can still root by several other methods if need be. I feel bad for Verizon and AT&T S5 owners though....they may have to start yet another massive bounty thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1929

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
I doubt we will get an update like that, though I won't discount the possibility. If what ive heard is correct (and I have no reason to believe its not), Samsung sent T-Mobile the final build for our updates weeks ago. Just for whatever reason they seem to just be sitting on it. Its not like T-Mobile to do something like that, but considering we were usually the first or second to get updates on the S3, and just about every other variant has been updated, I dont see any other viable explanation.

In the AT&T forums, a couple of the Canadian carriers (Rogers and Fido I think) got another kk update from NE6 to NF2 a couple days ago. Those who updated are reporting Towelroot and Framaroot no longer work.

Not that it matters too much for us here though. Our bootloaders are not locked so we can still root by several other methods if need be. I feel bad for Verizon and AT&T S5 owners though....they may have to start yet another massive bounty thread!
Haha geohot is known for making every tech company look like morons. I'd give it a week before he does it again.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.
Team Inferno (Co-admin)