Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About SPen KeyLights + Handwriting Autospace after Kit Kat

Tip us?

normestd
Old
(Last edited by normestd; 14th June 2014 at 10:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] About SPen KeyLights + Handwriting Autospace after Kit Kat

Question #1 Is there any way to turn off key lights when using Spen? ...only? I know there's an option to turn them off completely but i still want them to turn on when I press keys not while using spen.

Question #2 Also is there a way to go back to previous samsung keyboard before Kit kat?? On this Kit Kat autospace doesn't always work while using handwriting mode or typing and words don't show up after you write them (they show up after a brief pause), the only options under settings for handwriting is "Pen Detection" that's it... I'm I missing something...??? any help would be very much aprreciated.. I

samsung gt-n5110 not rooted

ladybugg1629
Old
Thanks Meter 0
#1. The only way I found to turn off the annoying light behaviour post- Kitkat update is to turn off the lights completely.

#2. I couldn't find a way to revert back to the previous handwrite input. Try Stylus Beta app, it is similar to the Kitkat version but works better.

The Kitkat update on the Note 8 is so screwy that I convinced the store I purchased it from to exchange it for me for one that is still on 4.1.2, almost a year after I bought it. First thing I did with the new one was to disable the update service.

BclingergFJ
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I agree about the update. The pen took me by surprise, as I did not read anything about it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

normestd
Old
(Last edited by normestd; 6th July 2014 at 07:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can I flash this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228836 to replace the keyboard? Is this possible being this a previous version? And if so, can I just replace the apks or how would I do it? I'm already root but not 100% sure on how to do this. .. any help. .. thanks in advanced.