ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] To enabling lock screen security on the Note 3 DE NC2/NC4 Roms

OP Thepooch

6th June 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,060

2,469 posts
More
DE users tired of seeing this when flashing KK Roms?
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-04-19-39-06.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	2783448
Big thanks and 100% of the credit @hsbadr for walking me through some extra build prop edits to make it enforcing after reboot. Remember to thank him at his thread!!
I use Root Explorer the paid version so this guide will be using Root Explorer whatever you choose is up to you.
In order to keep things clean only perform a mild setup on your fresh install. Google Play only to install Root Explorer, do not restore apps or settings through Google play.
Open Root Explorer---->System folder mount r/w by tapping the r/w tab at the top.
Grant Superuser permission always.
Long press Build.prop.
Select open with text editor.
Change
Code:
security.mdpp=None
to
Code:
#security.mdpp=None
Code:
security.mdpp.result=None
to
Code:
#security.mdpp.result=None
Code:
ro.security.mdpp.ux=Enabled
to
Code:
ro.security.mdpp.ux=Disabled
Tap back button on your phone twice, select yes to the warning. It will then create Build.prop.Bak. You have two choices either delete Build.prop.Bak or move it to a location on your sdcard.
Then reboot your phone.
After reboot go to settings--->Lock screen --->security. It should now look like this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-06-01-54-42.png
Views:	396
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	2783490
Set pin and reboot. If it does not become enforcing at boot set it again and reboot keep doing this till it becomes static. If after four reboots it still will not hold try pattern instead.
If you succeed any incremental Rom flashes after this will not affect pin protection, in fact you can now revert your edits if you choose or simply reflash Rom and Kernel and they will revert. Hence the reason for keeping your install clean.
Big Thanks and 100% of the credit to @hsbadr for being patient in guiding me through these edits and another user for passing along the primary edit who will get mention once I locate his nickname. Most Roms have been tested using Compulsion kernel after you get it working you can flash any kernel you wish. Good luck.
Last edited by Thepooch; 7th June 2014 at 12:13 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7,002

1,796 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for making this available! I think it'd be very useful if you add more info about the kernel/version you tested.
6th June 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 36

169 posts
More
Unfortunately after 4 reboots PIN did not stock. Not a big deal as lock screen enables after turning screen off one time.

Wanted to note that that the first two changes were already part of build.prop.

Line for the 3rd change did not exist. I added ro.security.mdpp.ux=Disabled.

Jasmine 1.3
Imoseyon LK 3.0

Will be flashing 1.3.1 patch.

Thanks.
7th June 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #4  

2,469 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ndr3w

Unfortunately after 4 reboots PIN did not stock. Not a big deal as lock screen enables after turning screen off one time.

Wanted to note that that the first two changes were already part of build.prop.

Line for the 3rd change did not exist. I added ro.security.mdpp.ux=Disabled.

Jasmine 1.3
Imoseyon LK 3.0

Will be flashing 1.3.1 patch.

Thanks.

Doing it on Jasmine Rom is not needed if you flashed the security patch for the DE that puts the needed edits in place. The key is fresh flash, go straight to settings---> lock screen---> security and re-enter pin right after reboot because it will again have migrated to swipe it should only take 1-3 reboots and re-entering pin to get it to stick. It requires a bit of cache to hold. If you can't get pin try pattern.
Last edited by Thepooch; 7th June 2014 at 03:43 AM.
7th June 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 36

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch

Doing it on Jasmine Rom is not needed if you flashed the security patch for the DE that puts the needed edits in place. The key is fresh flash, go straight to settings---> lock screen---> security and re-enter pin right after reboot because it will again have migrated to swipe it should only take 1-3 reboots and re-entering pin to get it to stick. It requires a bit of cache to hold. If you can't get pin try pattern.

That's what I did directly after downloading Root Explorer. Next time I do a clean flash, I'll run through this again.

Thanks.
15th June 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #6  

2,469 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ndr3w

That's what I did directly after downloading Root Explorer. Next time I do a clean flash, I'll run through this again.

Thanks.

Good luck!!
17th June 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #7  
Flag Roll Tide
Thanks Meter: 22

229 posts
More
Worked for me after the second reboot. PIN code did not stick after the first reboot, but I set it again and the rebooted. I was then greeted with a prompt to enter my PIN. Thanks for the info on this, I appreciate it!
6th July 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag Swoope
Thanks Meter: 164

494 posts
More
Thanks guys, I had to do this manually for Jasmine 2.0, my first try at Kitkat.
I didn't have to boot but once after the edits which I did with RomToolbox.

Alliance ROM build 1 and build 2 also needed this. Thanks again!
Last edited by LillieBennett; 3rd November 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread