Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 46,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lifeproof Galaxy S5 Fre Cases are Now Shipping

Tip us?

luigi90210
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
If anybody is interested the Lifeproof Fre Galaxy S5 cases are now shipping.

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/...alaxy-s5-case/

Would like to see one in person.
my mom has this case and its a total PITA to get the charger port open

i would stay as far away from this case as you can if i were you

Kinlem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been trying to hold out on buying a Lp for my s5 hoping for a nuud version to come out. Someone in this thread said that on the Lp Facebook page that they won't be making one. Can someone else definitely confirm that Lp has no intention of making the nuud version for the s5?

wcsc12
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinlem View Post
I've been trying to hold out on buying a Lp for my s5 hoping for a nuud version to come out. Someone in this thread said that on the Lp Facebook page that they won't be making one. Can someone else definitely confirm that Lp has no intention of making the nuud version for the s5?
I can confirm that statement. I messaged them about the release date of the Nuud to be told that they have no plans on releasing a Nuud version of the Lifeproof case for the Galaxy S 5. I was saddened as well because I've been waiting on it myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to wcsc12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kinlem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That seems strange. They did it for the S4. Does any one know why?

SuFuCru
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If you think about it, how could the make the nuud? There would be no way to seal around the home button. If they did, obviously the fingerprint scanner would be useless.

Kinlem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would think they do it the same way they did it for the iPhone 5s. A clear cutout for the finger print scanner

jlb1125
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
my mom has this case and its a total PITA to get the charger port open

i would stay as far away from this case as you can if i were you
I bought this case and I can confirm that accessing the charging port is very difficult. If you bite your nails or cut them short you'll never open it without a tool lol. The case itself though is fairly lightweight and comfortable. Other than the charging port I like the case a lot. I also like the fact that it double the phones IP67 rating to IP68 therefore providing water-proofing and shock-proofing up to 6.6ft. I do not plan on testing water resistance depths personally though but it'll be nice to use around the pool and not worry about the kids splashing it.

Heavy Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yup my nails are v v v short but I do manage to get the door open..

Grrr

SAMSUNG-SM-G900A, with 128gb SD & Rooted.

Kinlem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The charging port plug on the s5 is actually removable. If you remove the back you can use a small Phillips head to remove a small panel on the back. Then you can safely remove the plug. That way you only have to deal with the Lp case's door