Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,006 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Official Stock Samsung KitKat 4.4.2 rooted & deknoxed

Tip us?

ibblaw77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default disadvantages of knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
It's bootloader related. Only fix is to update your bootloader and deal with knox I'm afraid

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

What's the disadvantages of knox? ? Can I still flash stuffs even with knox? How did you go about yours.

Thanks. . I hit thanks ;D

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibblaw77 View Post
What's the disadvantages of knox? ? Can I still flash stuffs even with knox? How did you go about yours.

Thanks. . I hit thanks ;D
The only issue with knox is warranty nothing else. If you have a knox enabled bootloader (any from 4.3 on) then as soon as you flash anything you will trip your knox counter. Nothing will happen the world won't end or your phone blow up but samsung might refuse a warranty claim depending on where you are in the world. If you don't care about warranty or your phone is insured then really don't worry about it

ibblaw77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
The only issue with knox is warranty nothing else. If you have a knox enabled bootloader (any from 4.3 on) then as soon as you flash anything you will trip your knox counter. Nothing will happen the world won't end or your phone blow up but samsung might refuse a warranty claim depending on where you are in the world. If you don't care about warranty or your phone is insured then really don't worry about it

thanks I don't really care about the warranty. . So how do I get the 4.4 bootloader to avoid this issue?

sawdoctor
Old
(Last edited by sawdoctor; 7th July 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibblaw77 View Post
thanks I don't really care about the warranty. . So how do I get the 4.4 bootloader to avoid this issue?
Easiest way is to just flash stock 4.4 rom with odin. I flashed the stock nordic release in this forum to update my bootloader. After you flash the rom and custom recovery with odin you can flash any rom you want. There's not many custom kk roms for the n7105 but most of the at&t roms work fine