Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Proximity sensor

Tip us?
 
pbazw
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 107
Join Date: May 2009
Default Proximity sensor

I was wounding if someone here could tell why Proximity sensor only works at night?
Thanks in advance
 
pbazw
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 107
Join Date: May 2009
Default no answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbazw View Post
I was wounding if someone here could tell why Proximity sensor only works at night?
Thanks in advance
Has no one ever seen this?
 
touristas0
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jun 2014
Kernel settings probably or sensor problem.

But you better try another compatible with your ROM kernel or search how to edit it's settings.
 
pbazw
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 107
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by touristas0 View Post
Kernel settings probably or sensor problem.

But you better try another compatible with your ROM kernel or search how to edit it's settings.
I used several different roms and this is always the case.
 
Far_SighT
Old
#5  
Far_SighT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 496
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Roorkee
The proximity and light sensor are different. The intensity sensor sure has more sensitivity at night, but the proximity sensor has its own IR. It will work just well in both day and night.
If you have this problem on all ROMs, you might have a hardware issue. Try updating your firmware.

Happy to help.
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: 3.4.0-Sultan-Pure-CAF-v1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.6 RC2
SD Card: SanDisk 64GB Class 10 microSDXC
 
pbazw
Old
(Last edited by pbazw; 7th July 2014 at 01:59 AM.) Reason: error
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 107
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_SighT View Post
The proximity and light sensor are different. The intensity sensor sure has more sensitivity at night, but the proximity sensor has its own IR. It will work just well in both day and night.
If you have this problem on all ROMs, you might have a hardware issue. Try updating your firmware.

Happy to help.
I'm running 3.33 firmware and this happens on all roms, not sure why but light and proximity stop working at same time and they both start working when room is dark.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

How to Root the Sony Xperia Z2 – XDA Developer TV

In this episode,XDA Developer TV Producer TK shows you how to root your Sony Xperia … more

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more