Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTG USB adapter for the TF701

Tip us?

Nixus_Maximus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm not sure regarding the TF701, but my experience with other Asus devices (Padfone) is that it only charges when you use a USB 3 cable when you use an extention between the original charger to the original cable. So that may be the reason here as well. USB 2 does not work.

Gesendet von meinem K00C mit Tapatalk

YayYouFixedIt
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixus_Maximus View Post
I'm not sure regarding the TF701, but my experience with other Asus devices (Padfone) is that it only charges when you use a USB 3 cable when you use an extention between the original charger to the original cable. So that may be the reason here as well. USB 2 does not work.

Gesendet von meinem K00C mit Tapatalk
Ya Its good that it takes peripherals and hubs and things but it probably can do damage to the battery to attempt charging it. Dangerous to try. At least it from what Ive seen I would not recommend it. The cable said it was USB 3.0 and the HUB as well. The new cable connector type is a better design though since it doesnt come out, but the fact is that it is cheaply made.

ryocoon
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_g View Post
Shocking. Why in the world would Asus not bother marketing this toward the TF community too?!
I imagine for the fact they want us to buy their dock, which is USB3. I find the USB3 port entirely to tight, and the dock connection entirely too loose. However, with an USB-OTG cable, you could mock up your own setup.

It seems pretty much anything for the most recent Asus VivoTab seems to be compatible with the TF701t's pin-out setup. So it appears they replicated that pin-plug between the two.